"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

one secret: not everybody posts comments all the time. It's really up to the individual, and it's really best to do so when you're truly moved, one way or another, and want to say so.

we're not so intimidating once you start hanging around. Enjoy your stay!

bijou

Last edited:
unpredictablebijou said:
Welcome!

one secret: not everybody posts comments all the time. It's really up to the individual, and it's really best to do so when you're truly moved, one way or another, and want to say so.

we're not so intimidating once you start hanging around. Enjoy your stay!

bijou

Hah! I want to be intimidating.....

WhiteWave48 said:
Thank you Angeline for selecting my poem, 'Cool', as your pick of the day, and also for including the link to the other poem that connected the idea of 'cool' with death. Very interesting. My own inspiration was a poem I read ages ago - 'My parents kept me from children who were rough' - I've forgotten the name of the writer, but the idea stuck in my mind. I'd appreciate any suggestions on improving the line breaks.

Thak you! I'll take a look at it later on today and pm you my ideas. If they work for you, fine, if not well that's ok, too. :)

:rose:

Much obliged to Lebroz and Lorencino for the kind mention and commentary.
Funny how different pieces come together. Some are laborious, others just seem to pop out.

Thankyou LeBroz for you mention of my sleepless night glad one of us had a good nights kip! Your generosity is only exceeded by your facial beauty! .... hides!

DeepAsleep said:
Friday! November! 30th!

From the, "Don't Pass This Up" Files:

The Country Girl, By Nobosetz This one made me laaaaauuuugh. Hard rhyme with a sense of humor and an overall message.

Sun And Snow by SummerMorning. This is a sweet, short little ditty. It'll make your wistful smile.

Your Back by StiffClit is proseish, but solidly imagined. Give this one a shot.

Poems with a weird bonus:

Delicious by The8thMelody. I didn't like it, but I thought it might be about getting fisted to death.

Night Of Remembrance Ch. 1 by pipedream_ink - Pros - Cliffhanger ending, weird little gritty tale. Cons - Prose. Through and through.

Those caught my eye, today.

Up you go, on your bike! Pedal off to poem!
Thank you for the reviews today m'sieu DA. Refreshing and delightful poems to look at when I can't seem to keep my eyes focussed for more than a short 10 minute attention span.

champagne1982 said:
Thank you for the reviews today m'sieu DA. Refreshing and delightful poems to look at when I can't seem to keep my eyes focussed for more than a short 10 minute attention span.

Hey, no problem. Feel better.

So, everyone, I'm kinda sorta back. As I mentioned in my blog post, I was booted out of the hospital post haste... and am busily and quite effectively medicating and sleeping my way through these first days post op. :) I'm glad to be back and I'm glad to have received so many warm hellos from all of you. I do love you people.

Just been informed (by a dear friend grrrrr) that my 'Pandoras Box' sounds like an advert for condoms!!

Thankyou DeepAsleep for including me ...about a vaj indeed lol !!! and thankyou LeBroz for your comment that made me laugh!

sobbbbbbb someone has been sending that to me for days trying to get it to work but it just won't open for me ..... just comes up loading them disappears for ever!!

UnderYourSpell said:
sobbbbbbb someone has been sending that to me for days trying to get it to work but it just won't open for me ..... just comes up loading them disappears for ever!!

It took my daughter forever to open it, too. Her computer connection just isn't fast enough. It's very silly, that elf thing. Silly, but funny. I did it because another poet here sent me a copy of them doing it. :D

thanks for mentioning Beyond coping, in the new poem reviews Leon. and thank you to you and Angeline for your comments. i really didn't realise it was that gruesome a poem Amyfriend, hope you don't get nightmares.

:rose:

Okay folks, whatever you do, DON'T PANIC!!!

In case you've missed it, tonight Manu's upgrading the forums with the latest version vBulletin and it might take awhile for all the kinks to get worked out — just when you got used to this version.

So go out and shop or party tonight and sleep in late tomorrow.

For once I have to speak up about what I believe in

Maybe I should have written this when I first read the poem by ramonathompson entitled 'To touch a child' but in a way I didn't have the guts to do so. Afraid I suppose that someone would come down on me like a ton of bricks when I was already feeling fragile. But this has been eating away at me and I need to say how I feel. She says it is a parody and I don't know what other dictionaries have for the meaning of a parody but to me it means a literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.
I am not saying the subject should be swept under the carpet but 'comic effect'? Is this entertainment?
I expect I will be told to take it up with the author but for once I want to stop joking and say this 'parody' can hurt a lot of people ...... myself included.

UnderYourSpell said:
Maybe I should have written this when I first read the poem by ramonathompson entitled 'To touch a child' but in a way I didn't have the guts to do so. Afraid I suppose that someone would come down on me like a ton of bricks when I was already feeling fragile. But this has been eating away at me and I need to say how I feel. She says it is a parody and I don't know what other dictionaries have for the meaning of a parody but to me it means a literary or artistic work that imitates the characteristic style of an author or a work for comic effect or ridicule.
I am not saying the subject should be swept under the carpet but 'comic effect'? Is this entertainment?
I expect I will be told to take it up with the author but for once I want to stop joking and say this 'parody' can hurt a lot of people ...... myself included.

I do different kinds of parodies. Dark ones not always meant for comic effect. I was in no way poking fun or trying to hurt anyone with this write nor do I regret for a moment that I wrote it.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back