"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that BOTH of Eve's favorite poems today were by LGBT chicks... yes, the circle is getting smaller and smaller... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

I enjoyed yours too and said so

I saw that Annie, thank you sweetheart, your opinion matters to me because you have become a might fine poet since you've been here. You write circles around me and I admire anyone who can get those form poems like you have done.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my poem yesterday, and Tess, Annie, Anna and Tzara for leaving comments and to vrosej10 for the rec as well.. I haven't posted in a long time and your support means a lot to me.

:heart:

Last edited:
Thankyou to Anna for the mention and to Tess and EO for the comments we sure have some odd subjects to write about with these triggers I am stuck on all the hard ones now

Two are Eve's, though not all that new (one was written in 2004, one in 2005), but they are clearly the best of the day, at least in my idiosyncratic opinion. Slow Minutes is a brief poem that has a sort of Oriental feel to it. Contemplative, but distanced. Interesting read. I like transcendental lay a bit better, probably because itza sex poem. Nice first line.

Thanks Tzara and to everyone who commented. Yeah, those poems were written 4 and 5 years ago. I remember loving transcendental lay back when I wrote it, but it's not exactly what I'd write today. Reading the older stuff does remind me that I've grown some over the years.

Thankyou to Anna for the mention and to Tess and EO for the comments we sure have some odd subjects to write about with these triggers I am stuck on all the hard ones now

I still have some triggers which triggered that I haven't worked out yet.
Have more points from the monthly challenges than the individual poems (and would be more, if I didn't mess up the form on the first)

To normal jean, ghost girl, maria...
Thanks for the comments, girl! :rose:

love you lots

thanks, Eve

as always your picks create new ponderings, which is a no-fail turn-on, a reason to ponder...

I had better come clean on the word inside Riddle me ree !
1st B in beauty
2nd I in fidelity
3rd G in grains
4th A in addresses
5th M in bewidlerment
6th Y in why.
Sorry for the sleepless nights!

Oooooops I'll do you another lol

I might not have gotten it anyhow. The 'y' from 'why' seems to depart from the pattern of the others - would have been inclined to consider 'sporting' or perhaps 'others'. I guess if I'd gotten 'bigam_' it would have fallen out.

I might not have gotten it anyhow. The 'y' from 'why' seems to depart from the pattern of the others - would have been inclined to consider 'sporting' or perhaps 'others'. I guess if I'd gotten 'bigam_' it would have fallen out.

The last line should be a different pattern and be like an explanation of the whole

Thankyou for that I have been commenting on your poems but then they seem to disappear don't know if you see them your end

I just went the other way and posted the same comment twice on your poem today. And unlike the forum, don't seem to be able to edit comments on poems.

I just went the other way and posted the same comment twice on your poem today. And unlike the forum, don't seem to be able to edit comments on poems.

Just been to have a look bet I don't get two sets of points lol thanks also to NJ these in my opinion are the hardest triggers I've got left so the weirdest of poems are raising their heads!

oops! no wonder it didnt show up on the other thread, it is on the wrong thread!! sorry

Last edited:
Just been to have a look bet I don't get two sets of points lol thanks also to NJ these in my opinion are the hardest triggers I've got left so the weirdest of poems are raising their heads!

you're welcome :)

I added your new poem Holy Trinity to my faves list but it isn't showing up yet which seems odd like some of my posts here aren't showing up either.

looking forward to more of your self-proclaimed "weird" poems. They get better as you go and I love to watch a poetess grow like you have .

Still lacking a full time Friday reviewer so I'll take a look-see. I already read one that would be absolutely criminal not to mention.

Tah-da! All kindsa new poems for you.

First from Friday is Copacetic Persuasion by Tristesse and I think it's a truly wonderful piece- smoldering, sensuous, inching along towards release. Just, so good.
I heard sounds when I read this, it was so potent. Small sounds, sighs, soft words, lips murmuring. I love the line breaks as well and think they add to the slow, deliberate pacing of the poem. You're meant to slow down to read it, really feel what's going on, see it, hear it. Just delicious.
Great job, Tess.

We also have For George by rubyslipper. I know I won't be able to think of the right way to describe this poem, but I can say its delivery is like meandering molasses. You can see the river, the people, what's going on- hear what's going on. I experienced this poem much the same way I experienced Copacetic Persuasion. Even the words she chose leave the tongue at a slower rate than normal. A fine little piece.

Pecking Order by Normal Jean is wit touched with sadness. Smart, true and concise. I also love the title.

My pretentious little blue B of the day goes to Sir Ponders His Scourge by Pushkine. It is, simply put, an excellent poem. Wryly confessional but still at arms-length, and smart- oh yes smart. As they always are. The conversational tone of the piece is enticing- like we get a voyeur's look at the Master talking to himself.

The middle stanza,

Her heart's not hurt, in my control.
Submission works; it makes her whole
(and charms my fickle body part)

is especially potent for me, because that is how I view the power play of such situations. It's easy for some people to say that it's merely a game of alpha dog but, as has been said in so many ways before, that is simply not the case. Each partner is getting what they need. Almost as if the passion is what's fueling the game, but is not a participant. In its presence it's allowed to become a passive character- and both need and lust are able to be the aggressors.

Also worth reading are Street Show- A Comic Villanelle and The Dead Fawn by Sappho's Sister, Rain #1 by vjrose, and Zero-Gravity Tea Ceremony by Annie- if for no other reason than the title is just fanfuckingtastic and she is swell poet.

Thank you, bluebell, for mentioning my poem. It's an edit/rewrite from way back. And to anon who emailed me, nope, i didn't know my comments were off and yep, it's only fair.... they are on now, so have at it.

:)

Thank you bluebell, you're very kind.

First from Friday is Copacetic Persuasion by Tristesse and I think it's a truly wonderful piece- smoldering, sensuous, inching along towards release. Just, so good.
I heard sounds when I read this, it was so potent. Small sounds, sighs, soft words, lips murmuring. I love the line breaks as well and think they add to the slow, deliberate pacing of the poem. You're meant to slow down to read it, really feel what's going on, see it, hear it. Just delicious.
Great job, Tess.

ETA - thanks to nj, UYS, EO and Angeline for comments left.

Last edited:
I hold my hands up I can't take credit for the Zero-Gravity Tea Ceremony title as it was one of Lauren's fiendish triggers already set for the Poetry Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back