"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments on After Christmas Island. It was NOT actually a concrete poem. Bizarrely as I edited it, it moved toward this shape and I only noticed the shape at the last moment when I fiddled with the alignment (I always tinker with alignment to see whether it will add or detract from the visual effect). This was a witnessing poem. I felt compelled to write it after seeing the attached pictures in a national magazine. I don't know whether I hit it or not but I had to write it.

For those who have been leaving constructive criticism or didn't feel it was perfect, thank you:rose:. I find this sort of thing very motivating. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 579337-asylum-seeker-funeral.jpg
    579337-asylum-seeker-funeral.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 579872-asylum-seeker-funeral.jpg
    579872-asylum-seeker-funeral.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 15
Thanks for all the comments on After Christmas Island. It was NOT actually a concrete poem. Bizarrely as I edited it, it moved toward this shape and I only noticed the shape at the last moment when I fiddled with the alignment (I always tinker with alignment to see whether it will add or detract from the visual effect). This was a witnessing poem. I felt compelled to write it after seeing the attached pictures in a national magazine. I don't know whether I hit it or not but I had to write it.

For those who have been leaving constructive criticism or didn't feel it was perfect, thank you:rose:. I find this sort of thing very motivating. I really appreciate it.

Very moving photographs but ones that shouldn't have been taken in my opinion, they are a gross invasion of privacy by the photographer and someone should have bloodied his nose ........... but that's neither here nor there

Very moving photographs but ones that shouldn't have been taken in my opinion, they are a gross invasion of privacy by the photographer and someone should have bloodied his nose ........... but that's neither here nor there

Poor buggers were being hounded by the press. Assylum seekers are a hot button political issue here and there were a lot of people who were furious that the government flew them to Sydney for the funeral...

thanks y'all for your time, your votes, and your thoughtful comments. :)

oddly enough, artistic temperaments got me the first H. whaddya know? :eek: made me smile to write it, and glad the visuals pleased some of you :cool:

a study in light and shade is exactly that - we had a picture as a poetry prompt; i wanted to avoid some of the more clichéd approaches and so tried to look at it from the pov of an art critic studying the picture. tess, your comments are as valid as the next persons and most welcome. ty. Paasha, same to you - glad you didn't find it a distraction. some simply prefer more standardised ways of using punctuation. no-one's right, no-one's wrong, it's a matter of taste. i found the image - how well the piece works as a poem is obviously debatable, but here's what i worked from:

Attachments

• a_glass_of_blue.jpg
    a_glass_of_blue.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 18
Just poppin' in to tell you.
You're doing a wonderful job. All the way around.

and people think I'm such a prick
well maybe I am
I love Cyan

in the arms of morpheus was about the onset then loss of a pregnancy within the first trimester. this must fail, then, to a degree, since that's not accessible - i don't have the picture still for this (all in the tones of mud, pressure-flattened) and more fossil-like than anything else. it was an attempt to describe (from the foetus' pov) its state of awareness between the non-awareness either side of its brief existence, and how it never drew breath throughout this period. thankyou, again, for all views, votes and comments. it's most appreciated. :kiss: v - it's an older one in my poetry thread. that's where you've seen it before. :)

in the arms of morpheus was about the onset then loss of a pregnancy within the first trimester. this must fail, then, to a degree, since that's not accessible - i don't have the picture still for this (all in the tones of mud, pressure-flattened) and more fossil-like than anything else. it was an attempt to describe (from the foetus' pov) its state of awareness between the non-awareness either side of its brief existence, and how it never drew breath throughout this period. thankyou, again, for all views, votes and comments. it's most appreciated. :kiss: v - it's an older one in my poetry thread. that's where you've seen it before. :)
sorry to hear.
but that would be difficult to relate to. even then you did acquire a feeling.

Thanks you Poets, for your comments and suggestions on Interaction, Storm and Pine, ( which is actually a metaphor for a relationship) and Open for Interpretation.

The last one there, was posted years ago and it was in response to a thread we had where content was compared to the title for effectiveness. One of the mods said i t was "fucking brilliant" and I had only one comment who expressed dislike so it is interesting to see how moods, views and response change with the population of the forum.

And, the string theory poem I had posted in this thread wasn't ripped off as implied in a PM, it was mine from the start, I had the first draft posted here and it is now published ( in print) in the Kakalak Anthology of Carolina Poets, 2007.

I have drifted through a few threads and now see someone mentioning string theory and wonder exactly what is understood about it, but hope it is understood, as it is a very interesting theory in physics which I have studied for years.

At any rate, I appreciate the comments and the respect of the people who know I DO appreciate feedback even when it isn't all touchy-feely. That actually means more to me than I can express as I consider ALL feedback positive.

You guys rock!

:rose:

~ maria

I keep imagining it different colours lol even rainbow shades ....... :D

jeez, now you all have me imagining 1201 at a rainbow party and until I had that image, i respected him, which he probably likes the thought of being disrespected better, lol..

i guess my puritanical mind needs to stay out of these dens on iniquity :D

jeez, now you all have me imagining 1201 at a rainbow party and until I had that image, i respected him, which he probably likes the thought of being disrespected better, lol..

i guess my puritanical mind needs to stay out of these dens on iniquity :D
I respected me once
now I expect less

what's a rainbow party?

Ok. Rainbow parties were invented by the current mob of randy youngens. Basically the object is to get as many shades of lipstick on your dick as possible. For the record, if I were one of the aforesaid youngens, I'd probably the queen of these things. I was a very wild teen....:D:devil:

Thankyou to everyone for their super comments on Stella and Irene they are much appreciated but oh Espy sweetheart I didn't want to make you cry :rose:

Thankyou to everyone for their super comments on Stella and Irene they are much appreciated but oh Espy sweetheart I didn't want to make you cry :rose:

That was such a beautiful poem. I was extremely moved by it. I like it when that happens...:heart::heart:

It was a good cry, but now I laugh thinking of 1201 and his multicolored member--kind of like Joseph in the bible and his multicolored jacket since 1201 is our reverent happy peepee perv. Yes, we do love you so 1201 :rose:--u aint too bad for a knuckle dragging penis. :D:D:D

OMG, :eek: I better get off this thread afore he wakes up from his multicolored women of last evening.
:nana:

It was a good cry, but now I laugh thinking of 1201 and his multicolored member--kind of like Joseph in the bible and his multicolored jacket since 1201 is our reverent happy peepee perv. Yes, we do love you so 1201 :rose:--u aint too bad for a knuckle dragging penis. :D:D:D

OMG, :eek: I better get off this thread afore he wakes up from his multicolored women of last evening.
:nana:

He's going to killllll me for starting this! who can I blame? oh yes Chippy she'll do for putting it into my head in the first place :D
*off to write a poem about this member!*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back