"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to neo for the mention of my new poems in the reviews this morning. Gives me the encouragement i need to keep posting the 30/30 :rose:

Just wanted to Bump the 30/30 thread. (Not that I think it needs it. ;) )
I love reading everyone's poems there. To see the twist n turns each take with the beginning of a new day is riveting. Bouncing, playful, and some dark mystery too. I would love to join, but my schedule, and my muse (as of late) will not permit me to. Grrrr~

Just wanted to encourage everyone to go lookie n see. Great writing going on there ~

:rose: :rose:

Wednesday, 2006.04.19

Could it be this new aftershave I'm wearing? For whatever reason, there aren't any new poems posted today—at least so far.

I'm going to be out for the remainder of the day, so if any do happen to show up, be good folks, give 'em a read and y'all review them for me.

Thanks.

April 19/2006

I had a look at today's poems but nothing tickled my fancy...whatever that means. Maybe my fancy is different than yours so go check today's poems out for yourself.

Wow...

My Erotic Trail said:
New Poem Reviews
Saturday 22, 2006

a batch of new poets
emerged like a patch
of new flowers in a feild

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Oblivion by Many Feathers

I am fast becoming a fan of this poets passionate pen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Poems List

Thank you, appreciate the mention. I know that comments don't seem to be appearing immediately after posting. Sometimes it takes another day, even two for some reason before they appear. FYI...

Tzara said:
Then there's our green 'E' poem, Goliath said by Lit's own Ignatz Mouse, MyNecroticSnail. I'm sorely tempted to just say "I like Goliath. enjoin your rite <winkz" but that would be pandering. What I will say is that I find it interestingly constructed but thematically bankrupt. Kind of like a Bertolt Brecht play.

thematically bankrupt . . . yes, it is . . . it sure is nicely written, though.

Tzara said:
. . . Offissa Pupp should just put you in the Coconino County jail.

been there, done that. it ain't a bad place, Seattle. freshly painted and spruced up. why, some guys gets in there and they don't never wanna leave . . . if ya been ta Flagstaff, you know what i mean.

and besides, the sheriff's a pretty nice guy, and a real sucker at checkers.

Welcome MLB! I have been enjoying your poems here-- glad you have joined us at the forum as well, and hope you feel welcome to read, write, share, comment, etc etc the whole gammet... If you are looking for deeper critique, there are some threads out there to post poems for comments as well.

All the best,
Annaswirls

annaswirls said:
Welcome MLB! I have been enjoying your poems here-- glad you have joined us at the forum as well, and hope you feel welcome to read, write, share, comment, etc etc the whole gammet... If you are looking for deeper critique, there are some threads out there to post poems for comments as well.

All the best,
Annaswirls

Thank you for the welcome. I will definitely look out for threads that are focused on critiquing. Thanks again for reading my work and your comments. I look forward to reading poems from you (and others as well).

Best Wishes,
MLB

neonurotic said:
:rolleyes: I just declined to have that update even though I have a legit license. I don't need Mickeysoft in my machine any more than it already is. I have a brand new laptop and I protect it like a junkyard dog.

i didn't even realise it was on the machine until i read that article. mine's legit too.

i don't think there's going to be much chance avoiding getting that file at some point and once it's there it's apparently not removable.

thank you everyone for your helpful suggestions

p.s in case you might be wondering, my latest poem posted "The Gardener" is a not 'new' poem. Its something I wrote a few weeks ago.

Just thought I'd let you all know

Damn Neo!!!

neonurotic said:
:rolleyes: I just declined to have that update even though I have a legit license. I don't need Mickeysoft in my machine any more than it already is. I have a brand new laptop and I protect it like a junkyard dog.

Do tell Hun and has your dog had it's tetnus shots And /or does it sit on your lap??? lol :D

Tzara said:
[/list]
  • Then there's our green 'E' poem, Goliath said by Lit's own Ignatz Mouse, MyNecroticSnail. I'm sorely tempted to just say "I like Goliath. enjoin your rite <winkz" but that would be pandering. What I will say is that I find it interestingly constructed but thematically bankrupt. Kind of like a Bertolt Brecht play. C'mon MNS, haven't you flogged this theme to death? Let's move on with life, bud. Offissa Pupp should just put you in the Coconino County jail.
Who is Bertolt Brecht? And why?

"Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear -
And he shows them pearly white -
Just a jackknife has Macheath, dear -
And he keeps it out of sight."
(from The Threepenny Opera, 1928)

Wha', wha', month is it?
And thank you for the less than pandering mention.

My Erotic Trail said:
New Poems Reviews
Saturday 29, 2006

like the night sky
a trillion stars sparkle
only a few shine brighter
and grasped my gaze

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A poem from the depths of the deep blue thoughts of Tasty_Teaze in this write.... Black Pearl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A Springtime Reverie by EvaReady
What can I say, I am a Man <grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At Last
by RedHairedandFriendly a passionate write.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

new poems list there are plenty of poems that sprout this day, read, vote, comment and feedback.

...and don't be a 'snail' about it <grin
Thanks for the mention Art :)
Knew you'd get me peeking in here just to see hehe...

hey did I miss anything?

hey y'all.

senoir Lobomao will be very sorry to see Tzara not review el wednesdays, he just busted out of coconino jail by painting a cleva effigy of himslef out of cardboard and disgused himself as a brick.

I missed you all.

I loved Pangea by Liar... really awesome

Welcome, Ygraine,

Stick around, it has been a pleasure reading your work. I hope you get some more comments, there has been a lull lately, but things tend to move in cycles.

All the best,

~as

Ygraine said:
I'm really glad you and your children enjoyed it, Sex and Death. It was written for a children's concert in Cornwall and recalled the previous day when we had been stone circle hunting and the men had been chased off Boscowen-un stones by the flying ants.

I should like to thank the person who has left comments on the poems - they have been really helpful. I shall definately be rewriting The Drink as a story. When I wrote the poem, back in the 90s, I hadn't started writing short stories and needed to find a way to commemorate the traumatic events of that time. All my poems have stories attached, as is usually the case.

I have some other performance poems, Sex and Death, let me know if you would like to see them. I haven't posted them.

Best wishes

Ygraine

Sex&Death said:
Insect Song by Ygraine is a glorioulsy fun, with a touch of taunting mischief. I read it with my children and we chanted it several times, building energy, while they capered about and dramatized it, with a great release of energy at the end. Pagan undertones. Samhain ritual.

Liar's Pangaea has been mentioned, deservedly so, and I will mention it yet again. Last stanza made me make a joyful noise. Way to bring it home!

S&D

Interesting review! I can just imagine your family having a great time.

:rose:

Just a Thank you for all the reads and comments on my new poems out this week. I also appreciate the pm's, lol. ;)

also a lil surprise if I may
... I have submitted my first story. It is def. not my usual kind of writing, and I would appreciate any justifiable commentary if anyone has time. This was a huge step for me, I always said ... I don't write stories. It really needed a lotta work, but I submitted to *purge* so to speak ...

Art I am sorry I did not meet the deadline for the story thing you had mentioned, as I said ... everything takes time, and time is something I just do not have a lot of as of late ~~

Thanks to all and

Happy Writing ~

:rose: :rose:

A quick thanks for the many comments on my latest poems. Mucho appreciated. And a thank you to Kitty Mama (or whoever does the poetry screening these days) for the Editorial approval. I didn't notice that until now. :eek:

Liar said:
I don't know whose day it is to review, but I'm just gonna sneak in and recommend Java by Tom Collins. Just because it has a line that goes

Inhibiting phosphodiesterases

and one that goes

Liberating mononucleotides

and makes it work.

That's worth a cookie. :cool:
Wow, Liar, thank you for reviewing my poem, for liking my poem and for the terrific RVC on it. :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back