"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Blue for the mention of my latest poem and for WickedEve for her lovely comment

:rose:

Tzara said:
I see we took the same subject. :rolleyes:

Organic Chemistry

She sat two rows in front,
across the aisle, with hair
the rich color of a brominated
alkene and perfect
stereoisomeric legs. Her breath
in one certain sweater
would loosen bonds
in my agitated fingers
and spin my senses
like a spectroscopic sample—
spiked and resonating
to her magnetic nuclei.
I was told that with the infrared scope you could actually see through a classmate's clothes. The hard part was squeezing them between two salt lenses.

clutching_calliope said:
:rose: Congratulations, T-bird! Now you can get started on the 30-30 that describes each flavour of Jelly Bellies.

I hope everyone reading happened to catch all of your poems but especially Carbon, Neon, Manga-ese (truly genius) and my personal favourite, Chlorine. Good job, friend.

Gallium, o Gallium,
if it weren't for Mercury
our hazardous thermometers
would be filled with thee.

oh my god, I want to do jelly belly poetry.....

but T still has about 74 poems to do to fill out the table? I dunno, what number are those crazy white coats up to by now?

Congrats! I have enjoyed your series!

ohh! I apologize

for not posting here when I most certainly should have.

Thanks to Vampire dust for mentioning my poems and bluerains and decayed angel for mentioning as well over the past week.

and thank to all who have read and commented on my work. That is why I am here, because you all have helped me see where my "stuff" needs help.. help where it can be improved and I promise, I do not take you for granted. :heart:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

to you all

maria

Tzara said:
Zinc

O, Zinc! Ally of others, whose mettle
keeps friends safe from corruption,
thou last row four transition metal,
how appropriate the last poem falls on
you. Thanks, all. I've now reached

Zn.

Whew. Just in time, too. Tomorrow would have been Gallium, and I have no effin' clue what I woulda writ about that.
I'm not buying you another boat.

Congrats, though!

flyguy69 said:
Fly 6:4

Fuck! my shin barks.
........Blacked-out nightstand colluding
with my confusion. Bare naked

walls offer up
........no switch. I dig
my nails into plaster and plead

why? The cold hands
........of a fluorescent clock shed
no light but count

my dangling seconds, my
........dark sentence. I confess
blind eyes and cock

my ear toward the bed, wait
........for a rumpled voice
to reach out, take me in hand.

oh

my

goodness.

*cough splutter* er, want me to kiss it better dear?

3/30/1
Tzara said:
Zinc

Zn.

Whew. Just in time, too. Tomorrow would have been Gallium, and I have no effin' clue what I woulda writ about that.

3/30/2
French Vanilla

is a saucy little kidney,
very sweet but flecked
with darker bits that melt
under my vigorous tongue.

Thanks, cc! From the looks of your Gallium poem, I think you can carry on where I left off!

3/30/3
I think this is the last confirmed one:

Ununhexium

Like an oversweetened cake
shaped in a ring and baked
in a supernova oven, you promote
rapid decay. Some UFO bloke
marked you as source for fuel
in saucers, but he's a fool
since your life is milliseconds. Duh.
Too brief for fueling, Uuh.

congratulations, dear! you have definately written some amazing poetry again. time to send it to a science journal!

Tzara said:
Zinc

Zn.

i'm not buying you a boat, either.

nice job. :rose:

dropping out here, heading to NY and then to the west coast for some family revelry ... have fun, boys and girls. :kiss:

Thanks vampiredust for the mention of my illustrated poem, Dirty Talk in your reviews and also much thanks for those who left public comments. :rose:

neonurotic said:
Thanks vampiredust for the mention of my illustrated poem, Dirty Talk in your reviews and also much thanks for those who left public comments. :rose:
I see the lifestyle change is graying your hair!

(it has mine, too!)

I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcome, advice and help.

I would like to thank WickedEve for her public comments, gave me more of an idea how other people see my writing.

*wings off to *

Just wanted to mention the new thread started by Sex Death

The Monthly Poetry Challenge, August 2006

Where we gather and :

Write an erotic or non-erotic poem using your Literotica screen name/nickname, or the Literotica screen name/nickname of another person.

I think it was a collaborative effort with others here. He gives us
an awesome start ~

So go 'n check it out. Have fun, let the muse run free and

Happy Writing ~

I need help

Don't be alarmed, this isn't a Kurt Cobain moment! I'm just very new to this site and am fairly inexperienced with things like 'threads' and how this site works generally. Would there be anyone willing to actually talk to me via MSN to answer all my (probably inane) questions about the poetry section of the site and how to get involved? Ive posted a few poems and have really valued the responses but I think it's probably that I could get a lot more from the site and the people here if I was a bit more IT conversant. Im on messenger at Annawilding @ hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, darkecstacy, and welcome to the poetry board.

I have added you to my MSN list, so feel free to contact me whenever you have questions. My other handles are also available over there by the avatar.

Lauren or Eve, i wonder if it is possible for you to edit darkecstacy's post just above... i think it's likely that she will become inundated with spam if her email address stays as it is. perhaps you could just change the @ to AT ? (i'm not sure darkecstacy will know how to edit her posts yet.)

Lauren Hynde said:
There, done. Good call. :D

you're the bestest. :kiss:

please let me know if i can help darkecstacy (i am going to know how to spell her nickname come the holiday season if i learn nothing else!). i'm away next week but should be able to help out at any other time.

Arienette and Liar:

You two are rockin' and rollin' here, producing wonderful stuff. Keep it up.

I am a little suspicious, though about Mister "I'm gonna write title based poetry this time. I flip the New Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, and write a poem on whatever my finger lands on." That finger so far has landed on "Petri Dish," "Big," "Dark Horse," "Subject," "Semicolon," and "Pretzel."

Good poems, all. Actually really good poems all. But.

Hey, call me skeptical, but I was trained in statistics. How come we don't have a poem about, say (riffling pages in my dictionary), costmary or remonetize or trypsinogin? Is it just the luck of the Swedish? :)

You're both doing great and I am so enjoying it. Thanks.

Carry on.

Tzara said:
Hey, call me skeptical, but I was trained in statistics. How come we don't have a poem about, say (riffling pages in my dictionary), costmary or remonetize or trypsinogin? Is it just the luck of the Swedish? :)
New Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary. It doesn't have the most outlandish stuff. And it's still a big enough book to club a sperm whale silly with.

Anyway, did a test run and got: slap, little, support, unglamorous, switch, feedbag - in that order. There are cool and unusual words there, but they'e few and far between.

Liar said:
New Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary. It doesn't have the most outlandish stuff. And it's still a big enough book to club a sperm whale silly with.

Anyway, did a test run and got: slap, little, support, unglamorous, switch, feedbag - in that order. There are cool and unusual words there, but they'e few and far between.
OK, OK, just checking.

Hey, I trust you. Actually, I so envy you. I wish there was some equivalent for me going the other way. I want to be able to read
Det är om aftonen man byrter upp,
vid soldnedgången.
Det är då man lämnar allt.
and know what is being said without having to have someone translate it for me, which of course is going to screw it up.

It makes me feel stupid.

You rock, bud.

Tzara said:
Arienette and Liar:

You two are rockin' and rollin' here, producing wonderful stuff. Keep it up.

I am a little suspicious, though about Mister "I'm gonna write title based poetry this time. I flip the New Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, and write a poem on whatever my finger lands on." That finger so far has landed on "Petri Dish," "Big," "Dark Horse," "Subject," "Semicolon," and "Pretzel."

Good poems, all. Actually really good poems all. But.

You're both doing great and I am so enjoying it. Thanks.

Carry on.

Thank you tons, I'm really dedicated to actually finishing, so I appreciate it quite a bit.

And congratulations to you, having made it to 30! :nana:

Heck, now I want to write a trypsinogin poem. But I've got to find a dictionary to explain what the hell that is first. ;)

Liar said:
Heck, now I want to write a trypsinogin poem. But I've got to find a dictionary to explain what the hell that is first. ;)

Yay for Liar - I think you just may be on your way to finishing the challenge this time. I'll be your support squad.

GO LIARRRRRR!! *cheerlead* :nana: :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back