who determines what poetry gets published at Lit?

Is to rabbit to ramble? hmmm not sure I suppose so in a way, it's cockney (I think) and means to talk a lot .... a reallyyyyyyyyyyy excessive amount!! *I saw that Ms Butty tut tut!!*

Is to rabbit to ramble? hmmm not sure I suppose so in a way, it's cockney (I think) and means to talk a lot .... a reallyyyyyyyyyyy excessive amount!! *I saw that Ms Butty tut tut!!*

Ah okay. Gotcha. You mean like sitting around in actual person to person discourse? And telling about what would be a good story? Something like that?

I lost count of the times I had something somewhat developed, or at least begun, and got excited and shared with my wife and she'll be all hooked and curious and encouraging. Wants to know what's gonna happen. So then I tell out loud a few possibilities that haven't been written down yet. And it's all exciting thinking about it, talking about it, but something happens because when I go back to actually trying to write it, it's like... gone. Like talking too much about it is the kiss of death. Or something. But it's so hard not to do when someone else is around and you get excited and want to share it before it's finished.

Again poetry comes and saves the day. Something more personal, shorter, less cause and effect driven. Concentrate on how something sounds or feels rather than on what is done and who will do it and why and how... stuff like that.

to rabbit: to talk, chatter, natter, gossip, yak, voice, gabble, and stuff

incessant talking barely drawing breath for extended lengths of time

"Cor blimey! Your bird don't arf rabbit! Gives a bloke a ruddy earache, mate. :mad:"

'ere, av some

Last edited:
Ah okay. Gotcha. You mean like sitting around in actual person to person discourse? And telling about what would be a good story? Something like that?

I lost count of the times I had something somewhat developed, or at least begun, and got excited and shared with my wife and she'll be all hooked and curious and encouraging. Wants to know what's gonna happen. So then I tell out loud a few possibilities that haven't been written down yet. And it's all exciting thinking about it, talking about it, but something happens because when I go back to actually trying to write it, it's like... gone. Like talking too much about it is the kiss of death. Or something. But it's so hard not to do when someone else is around and you get excited and want to share it before it's finished.

Again poetry comes and saves the day. Something more personal, shorter, less cause and effect driven. Concentrate on how something sounds or feels rather than on what is done and who will do it and why and how... stuff like that.

No no that is constructive talk ....... to rabbit is to go on and on and on and on and on about nothing at all of any consquence whatsoever until you want to grab the person by the throat and whilst screaming straight in their face "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" squeezing the life out of them. I hope that clears that up .......

That's it, knew I should have been in the Poetry Forum all along. You folks have cheered me up to no end. I am encouraged.

I've been thinking of submitting a poem or two and now feel like jumping into the pool *checks temperature of water with toe* maybe.

That's it, knew I should have been in the Poetry Forum all along. You folks have cheered me up to no end. I am encouraged.

I've been thinking of submitting a poem or two and now feel like jumping into the pool *checks temperature of water with toe* maybe.

^

this post is very cool :D

NONONONONO....don't do it!!!

You might catch cooties...

NONONONONO....don't do it!!!

You might catch cooties...
The only people who post in the poetry forum already have cooties, or want to, or think they want to, or wonder why no one's ever given them them before.

It's what we're writing poems about.

Cootie from Wiki

What's a cootie?

Definition
Cooties is a non-scientific term in North American English used by children for an imaginary "disease" said to infect through contact. The term may have originated with references to lice, fleas and other pests. A child is said to "catch" cooties through any form of bodily contact, proximity, or touching of an "infected" person. The phrase is used by children aged 5-10.[

The Cure
Children sometimes "immunize" each other from cooties by administering a "cootie shot". One child typically administers the "shot" by reciting the rhyme "circle, circle / dot, dot / now you've got the cootie shot" while using an index finger to trace the circles and dots on another child's forearm. Continuing, a child may then say "circle, circle / square, square / now you have it everywhere", in which case the child receives an immunization throughout his or her body. A final shot is said "circle, circle / knife, knife / now you've got it all your life" or "circle, circle / fire, fire / now your shot will never expire", or "nickel, nickel / dime, dime / now you've got it all the time" while using their index finger to draw vertical lines on the other child's forearm. Sometimes a "cooties shot" is actually just a punch to the upper arm which simply "cures" the punched one from the "disease".

Alternatively, cooties can be immunized through one child creating a square using his or her index and middle fingers (making a peace sign in each hand and laying one on top of the other). The other child then pokes his index finger through the square, at which point he or she becomes immunized from Cooties infection.

Although it is often referred to as an immunization, the Cooties Shot actually cures the disease more like an antidote rather than a preventive measure such as a vaccine.[citation needed]

Actually, the cooties shot can be both a cure and vaccine.

Source

Nits? Before my time but nurses used to go round schools inspecting heads for nits ....... she was commonly known as Nitty Nora

Returns to edit (see reason for editting)........ I do apologise for bringing nits onto your serious poetry thread :D

Last edited:
Nits? Before my time but nurses used to go round schools inspecting heads for nits ....... she was commonly known as Nitty Nora

Returns to edit (see reason for editting)........ I do apologise for bringing nits onto your serious poetry thread :D

*snikkers*

I do remember there were different gender-based immunizations for cooties in my elementary school. Girls got the line, line, dot, dot strain and boys got circle--maybe it was reverse, but it was important that there were different varieties and that you couldn't receive the shot from an opposite gender.

I do remember there were different gender-based immunizations for cooties in my elementary school. Girls got the line, line, dot, dot strain and boys got circle--maybe it was reverse, but it was important that there were different varieties and that you couldn't receive the shot from an opposite gender.

In Catholic School we sometimes sprinkled holy water on each other from the cistern as to cleanse ourselves when we were infected by girl cooties. Catholic School was the perfect place to learn that you were an inherently dirty and nasty child who needed to be cleansed.

In Catholic School we sometimes sprinkled holy water on each other from the cistern as to cleanse ourselves when we were infected by girl cooties. Catholic School was the perfect place to learn that you were an inherently dirty and nasty child who needed to be cleansed.

Good poetry fodder.

in the shop we get some guy come in at least twice a week trying to save me.

must look like i need it, huh? :rolleyes:

in the shop we get some guy come in at least twice a week trying to save me.

must look like i need it, huh? :rolleyes:

Well, with that Avatar up....

Maybe save you for dessert. Although with that cute of a derriere, would make a fine entree.

you are a true gentleman :)
but he's more than half-blind and I wear trousers in work
lmao

s'okay - all gone away now. it's safe to get back in the thread

mwahahahahaaa :devil:

Yuo missed the night we ladies took up a dare to show our boobies for an hour afraid I didn't make the full time!

Back