Yay Team 2024 The Sex & Sports Author Organized Challenge Support Thread

Missed this one. Wasn't feeling it, then no way I was going to get the good bit to be good in time. Or the rest of it - I'm the kind of author who writes bad drafts then edits a lot. It'll get finished at some point.

Here they are, teammates! Your stories!!!

https://www.literotica.com/s/yay-team-sex-and-sports-story-challenge-2024-the-stories

Take a knee, people. A HUGE thank you to all who contributed to this first-time challenge! And a note of appreciation too on all the help, support and encouragement that has been offered by all of you in this thread. Make sure to support your fellow players with lots of views and scores... I'm slowly but surely making my way through all the hot, sweaty stories, and what I've read so far has been great!!! This has been a lot of fun...I hope you have all enjoyed it too.

Final whistle, team. Thanks again for all your hard work!

πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜™

Crazy cuz We've got Ping pong, rugby, Two Tennis, Two Footballs. A locker room session and a few combat sports. This one was really all over!

Probably not the right place for this, but not sure where it should be, so advance apologies!

I suppose I shouldn't grump, but I think I will keep out of Competitions and Challenges as (I keep an eye and spreadsheet so can tell) it is only in those that I get 1's and more than one.

Whilst in Competitions they do seem to get 'swept' but doesn't seem to happen in Challenges. I wouldn't mind if there were comments to explain why and is it only me who thinks that a 1 should require a comment to be recorded?
YMMV but it's hit my enthusiasm for writing! πŸ˜₯

Probably not the right place for this, but not sure where it should be, so advance apologies!

I suppose I shouldn't grump, but I think I will keep out of Competitions and Challenges as (I keep an eye and spreadsheet so can tell) it is only in those that I get 1's and more than one.

Whilst in Competitions they do seem to get 'swept' but doesn't seem to happen in Challenges. I wouldn't mind if there were comments to explain why and is it only me who thinks that a 1 should require a comment to be recorded?
It's tough, sometimes really tough, but you just have to push through the criticism and continue writing if you're enjoying it, and you genuinely feel like you're doing good stuff. People can slip you a 1 for so many reasons outside the quality of your stories. Your story was great...and Challenges and Comps are a good way to get your stuff in front of a bigger audience...

Heck I get 1s and bombs on all of my stories, contest or not. My scores are crap, they average below 4! I know damn well before I type the first word that that the score will suck. Maybe 20% of the readers out there appreciate good story telling. The rest just want us to recite back their fantasy for them. If we don't do that, the score will suck - end of story. If that is how they are judging our work, then why should we judge ourselves based on their judgment? It's foolish.

There were five romances submitted in this challenge, including one that was just a vignette and barely romantic. ALL FOUR of the other romances have Red Hs, three of them flirting with 4.8. Meanwhile, my story struggles to stay above 4. What does that mean? Fuck all. No big deal. I knew that going in. Now if Margaret Atwood or Steven King dropped by to tell me that my story sucked, I'd listen carefully. But if some douche gives me a 2 because my heroine's tits were too small, why the fuck should I care?

For every 1 that you receive, you need SEVEN 5s to maintain a 4.5 average. So it only takes about 10-15% of your voters to deny you a Red H. If you love writing, fuck 'em. Keep writing.

P
Heck I get 1s and bombs on all of my stories, contest or not. My scores are crap, they average below 4! I know damn well before I type the first word that that the score will suck. Maybe 20% of the readers out there appreciate good story telling. The rest just want us to recite back their fantasy for them. If we don't do that, the score will suck - end of story. If that is how they are judging our work, then why should we judge ourselves based on their judgment? It's foolish.

There were five romances submitted in this challenge, including one that was just a vignette and barely romantic. ALL FOUR of the other romances have Red Hs, three of them flirting with 4.8. Meanwhile, my story struggles to stay above 4. What does that mean? Fuck all. No big deal. I knew that going in. Now if Margaret Atwood or Steven King dropped by to tell me that my story sucked, I'd listen carefully. But if some douche gives me a 2 because my heroine's tits were too small, why the fuck should I care?

For every 1 that you receive, you need SEVEN 5s to maintain a 4.5 average. So it only takes about 10-15% of your voters to deny you a Red H. If you love writing, fuck 'em. Keep writing.
Your story rocked...

P

Your story rocked... (AF addition as in pink_silk_glove)
Thanks for the comments and I will revise my attitude to Comps and Challenges and just be less focused on ratings. I suppose I had too much of a good thing and that has made me anxious to get red Hs, especially for those stories I like.
Probably a male attribute!*
I suppose it wasn't the 1's so much as the lack of any comments**. How am I supposed to avoid 1's if I don't know why I got it?

πŸ™Alex.

*After all: All Men Are MutantsπŸ˜‰ (one of our X chromosomes is all smashed up)
**I got two, one from a friend and one from MyBareTorso, both πŸ‘

YMMV but it's hit my enthusiasm for writing!
Sweeps go through the whole data base (back at least ten years), not just contest entries. Everyone's story file gets visited. There are more sweeps during contests, is all.

Congratulations everybody who participated! 😊

I do wish I'd written something for this, since I love sport. I've been following the Euros closely so far (football, or soccer for those marginally less cultured of us). Sadly it was not to be, and I don't think I'll have time to get a Nude Day story up to scratch for that contest either... oh well, deadlines have never been my cup of tea. I struggle enough with my full-time commitments. Maybe I'm just not a Contest Bunny - that's okay with me for now!

Back