Long Distance Relationships

Still not ready to be online for long...

A belated Happy Halloween, and many MANY thanks for all the hugs and good wishes from ALL of you here at LDR!

The highlight of my holiday was seeing Oman in a Tigger costume, handing out treats to the little trickers!

Hopefully we'll have pics of our "baby" ready soon.

Take care, everyone!:heart:
 
hatara said:
Ok anyone have snow yet? I am missing it with all of this heat.:eek:

It has snowed a couple of time up here (Minnesota) but nothing that has stuck around. I love to see the snow come, but I am a total wimp when it comes to the cold, I wore my thermal underwear today to walk my daughter to school :)
 
May all you be as happy as I am right now.May your ldr status become changed to an cdr status,very close .
 
hatara said:
We are down into the 70's now during the day.:D :kiss:

Just as we are climbing into the 90's. It is very dry here this year, bad drought and the bush fires have already claimed lives. It is spring and I'm not looking forward to the summer...

Hope you are all well, it's been awhile since I've stopped by.
 
Hello everyone,

When I saw this thread mentioned in another thread I just had to come and read it. I have been in a LDR for almost 5 years now with my Master. When we first met I had no idea that I would feel the way I do about him as I do now. He may be across the country from me, but I could not be closer to anyone nor have I been in my entire life. He has not only been a wonderful Master, but a true friend, soul mate... He is the most caring man that I believe is on the face of the earth (but hey, would I think anything else?) :) I have told him many times that he is the star that lit up my very dark life that was not very pleasant at times. He gave me so much insight as to "who" I am. That I am an "important" person and what I say does matter, especially to him. Although I have changed a great deal since we began our relationship we continue to just become closer and closer to one another. I know in my heart that someday I will look into his eyes and call him Master... I can't wait for that day!!!.. Well enough of the ga-ga stuff...:)

silkee
 
*knocks on the door*

Hello......I'm also in a LDR....admittedly not as far away as some of you (5 hours drive) but far enough, plus the fact that he's married makes it even more difficult. We've known each other 6 months now and met online, 2 months later I drove down to see him and we're just so much in love :heart: We both believe that we are soulmates, we have an incredible psychic connection and have done almost from the day we met.

He is driving up tomorrow to spend a few hours with me on his way to meet up with his wife. I hate the sneaking around but the marriage is on its last legs anyway and was before I met him. It's only financial and business commitments at his end and family and divorce proceedings at my end that keeps us apart for now. But in another 6 months......fingers crossed.....my circumstances and his will enable us to be together where we belong :rose:
 
Dammit...I am feeling so....I don't even know if I'm angry hurt or what. I thought things were going so good but lately things seem to be going downhill so fast. I hardly hear from him anymore, an email once a week usually and god forbid he actually pick up the phone and call me. Twice he has said he would and didn't. I've done most of the communicating between us lately and I've grown pretty weary of keeping it up on my own. I try to keep up some hope that's it's just that's he's been busy with work and his daughter, but I don't know. I just don't know anymore....

I'm sorry for ranting on like this...I just so need to vent...
 
I know about trying to keep the relationship going... it gets very trying doing all the calling and contacting. I feel your emotions... venting is something we all need to do at times...

I hope things work out for you

:heart: tc
 
LDR's are incredibly hard....I've been in and out of a lot over the past few years. I only managed to meet one IRL, and it fell apart shortly after, but now we're friends and might meet up again in January.

Phone calls, late night AIM sessions, letters....Any sort of contact to get you through. Sometimes you need to hear that voice on the other end of the line, other times all you have are words and pixels on a screen, and that's what matters.

I remember when I met one for the first time...I was more afraid that he wouldn't like me instead of him being some sort of axe-murderer! :p

But, with contact, trust, respect and love, they can work out. It takes a lot of effort, but in the end, it will be worth it.
 
Ladyhawke said:
Dammit...I am feeling so....I don't even know if I'm angry hurt or what. I thought things were going so good but lately things seem to be going downhill so fast. I hardly hear from him anymore, an email once a week usually and god forbid he actually pick up the phone and call me. Twice he has said he would and didn't. I've done most of the communicating between us lately and I've grown pretty weary of keeping it up on my own. I try to keep up some hope that's it's just that's he's been busy with work and his daughter, but I don't know. I just don't know anymore....

I'm sorry for ranting on like this...I just so need to vent...

Well you have done your share of listening to us. I am sorry things are not as they should be. But it could be just one of those ebb times in the ebb and flow if LDR. Keep smiling, Ladyhawke.

Eb:rose:
 
Ladyhawke said:
Dammit...I am feeling so....I don't even know if I'm angry hurt or what. I thought things were going so good but lately things seem to be going downhill so fast. I hardly hear from him anymore, an email once a week usually and god forbid he actually pick up the phone and call me. Twice he has said he would and didn't. I've done most of the communicating between us lately and I've grown pretty weary of keeping it up on my own. I try to keep up some hope that's it's just that's he's been busy with work and his daughter, but I don't know. I just don't know anymore....
I'm sorry for ranting on like this...I just so need to vent...

That's what we are hear for sweety... :)

*HUGS*

Meop79@yahoo.com
 
Group hug time again!

BIG HUGS to Ladyhawke and Meop (and to anyone else who could use one right now).

Welcome to the LDR thread Bandit and Princessmedic!

Hugs to TC and Ebony too!

Still settling into my home, and am so thankful things worked out for me to be seeing Oman every day (even with the crazy working hours!).

Being a CDR is certainly a lot better than being an LDR, yet there are days when I have less contact offline than I used to have online! The reward of actually BEING here makes the difference!

Good luck to all of you, and hope you continue with a good weekend.
 
Thanks Jenny, I'm glad to hear things are going so wonderfully for you.

I finally did hear from him...he said he's been busy. I've got an awful lot of stuff running around in my head right now and I'm not sure where to go with it all. We will probably be getting together next month and we need to have a talk about a lot of things. It's not going to be easy, but I feel that doing it in person will be better than by email or over the phone.

Hugs to you all!!
 
Ladyhawke said:
Thanks Jenny, I'm glad to hear things are going so wonderfully for you.

I finally did hear from him...he said he's been busy. I've got an awful lot of stuff running around in my head right now and I'm not sure where to go with it all. We will probably be getting together next month and we need to have a talk about a lot of things. It's not going to be easy, but I feel that doing it in person will be better than by email or over the phone.

Hugs to you all!!

Good luck to you, Ladyhawke!:rose:

I surely hope you two can really get down and talk. As hard as it is, it's the best way to discuss things.

LDRs... have a great week, and don't give up!:rose:
 
Back
Top