Munky needs your help achieving sobriety. Please.

Thank you. It's good for me to have people to talk to right now. But here's a scary proposition: what if Lit replaces AA as the go-to destination for recovery?

what's scary about that?

picture it: a 12- step program: playground style :)


courtesy of the internet

1) We admitted we were powerless over nothing. We could manage our lives perfectly and we could manage those of anyone else that would allow it.

2) Came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.

3) Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their wills and their lives over to our care.

4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of everyone we knew.

5) Admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of their wrongs.

6) Were entirely ready to make others straighten up and do right.

7) Demanded others to either "shape up or ship out."

8) Made a list of anyone who had ever harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.

9) Got direct revenge on such people whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our own lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.

10) Continued to take inventory of others, and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.

11) Sought through nagging to improve our relations with others as we couldn't understand them at all, asking only that they knuckle under and do things our way.

12) Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame others to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
 
Personally I believe you could seek the assistance of a very good psychologist. The challenge is you need to find one.
Somewhere along the journey you've lost faith in the person you are or the perception of who you should be. Talking in a public forum is not for all... but in a one on one session I believe it would be beneficial.

You have set yourself the challenge. Keep challenging those perceptions. Let them be real and not idealistic. Make it happen!

Thank you, Voom. I shall explore all options even though I went to a shrink many years ago. Did the Prozac thing. Guess it worked, but I was too stubborn to continue taking it as I didn't like the idea of being on meds. Plus, the shrink was basically a pill pusher.
 
What is OA?

I have an eating disorder...overearters anonymous. The point is no one loves to go through any kind of 12 step program. It sucks, and people don't want it to be for them. It might be the hardest work you have ever done and it gets in the way of doing what you really prefer...drinking or eating or whatever your choice of addiction might be. They have a high sucess rate though, if you are committed. It is scary and it is hard. There are lots of people here who can give you support and nurturing.

Again, you are brave and thank you for the trust.
 
what's scary about that?

picture it: a 12- step program: playground style :)


courtesy of the internet

1) We admitted we were powerless over nothing. We could manage our lives perfectly and we could manage those of anyone else that would allow it.

2) Came to believe that there was no power greater than ourselves, and the rest of the world was insane.

3) Made a decision to have our loved ones and friends turn their wills and their lives over to our care.

4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of everyone we knew.

5) Admitted to the whole world at large the exact nature of their wrongs.

6) Were entirely ready to make others straighten up and do right.

7) Demanded others to either "shape up or ship out."

8) Made a list of anyone who had ever harmed us and became willing to go to any lengths to get even with them all.

9) Got direct revenge on such people whenever possible, except when to do so would cost us our own lives, or at the very least, a jail sentence.

10) Continued to take inventory of others, and when they were wrong promptly and repeatedly told them about it.

11) Sought through nagging to improve our relations with others as we couldn't understand them at all, asking only that they knuckle under and do things our way.

12) Having had a complete physical, emotional and spiritual breakdown as a result of these steps, we tried to blame others to get sympathy and pity in all our affairs.
Hahahahaha...sex addicts! LA?
 
Thank you, Voom. I shall explore all options even though I went to a shrink many years ago. Did the Prozac thing. Guess it worked, but I was too stubborn to continue taking it as I didn't like the idea of being on meds. Plus, the shrink was basically a pill pusher.

Then don't. If pills are not for you just don't! It's a combination of things...but firstly it's your mindset that needs repairing. You already want the change. You need a great doc and a great Psych... One who listens to you and your needs and is able to give you the professional advice you need.

Ultimately... you have already set the path of change because you want it. You really have to want it. If the advice you get is a prescription, you already know you need a second opinion.

Yet... you have reached out and people you may not even know have responded to the call. Tis community. So understand, you are not alone. Not here. Not ever. Someone is always listening. :rose:
 
I will.

Speaking of goofing off, one person sent me a PM about a relative who was funny (or at least thought he was) while drinking. I like to be funny, and oddly one of the things that freaks me out is that I won't be funny when sober. Funny, huh?

My guess is that you will be hysterical!
 
update

Just went to the booze store . . . and bought milk. Prolly not a big deal to those who have never been in the clutches of alcohol, but I stood there looking at the rum selection an thought, shit, I can drink for ONE more day and THEN get sober. But I didn't.

*patting myself on the back*
 
Last edited:
Just went to the booze store . . . and bought milk. Prolly not a big deal to those who have never been in the clutches of alcohol, but I stood there looking at the rum selection an thought, shit, I can drink for ONE more day and THEN get sober. But I didn't.

*patting myself on the back*

*clapping* good for you!!

baby steps. :)
 
What am I suppose to call you? Res? Resp? Peito? Sugar?

respy. ladybug. the exalted ruler. imperial goddess. :D


respy is fine, really. i'm still not sure who started calling me that name, but i like it.
 
respy. ladybug. the exalted ruler. imperial goddess. :D


respy is fine, really. i'm still not sure who started calling me that name, but i like it.

Wow, I have an Imperial Goddess in my corner. Hard not to like my odds.

And please no 'hard' jokes Ladybug. I'm still contemplating my milk. I'm going to sneak up on it any minute now. It's a courtship of sorts. I have not the slightest bit of hunger, but know I have to eat something sooner or later.
 
Take it slow and keep talking Munky. The milk will eventually fall in love with you.
 
Just went to the booze store . . . and bought milk. Prolly not a big deal to those who have never been in the clutches of alcohol, but I stood there looking at the rum selection an thought, shit, I can drink for ONE more day and THEN get sober. But I didn't.

*patting myself on the back*

good for you!! as respeito said ... baby steps! it takes courage to do that! your headed in the right direction. :rose:
 
Just went to the booze store . . . and bought milk. Prolly not a big deal to those who have never been in the clutches of alcohol, but I stood there looking at the rum selection an thought, shit, I can drink for ONE more day and THEN get sober. But I didn't.

*patting myself on the back*

That is giant- good for you.
 
Take it slow and keep talking Munky. The milk will eventually fall in love with you.

Thank you. All of you are the only reason I am making it through today. And yes, I will keep babbling.

Not sure I have wrapped my brain around the idea of a dairy product "falling in love with me" but I used to have a love affair with an artichoke, so I guess anything is possible.

:rose:
 
shush...me actually doesn't like milk.. but I make up for it with yoghurt and cheese :D
Cheeky gurl! :caning:

I've enjoyed yogurt before, but only with the 'h' deleted. I find the 'h' to contain too many calories. But as I wither away to nothing in my self-detox maybe I need to reconsider.

p.s. you folks are all great, and thank you.
 
Back
Top