Munky needs your help achieving sobriety. Please.

Poke all you want, sweetie.

It was pushing 90 today with some incredible thunderstorms.

Can't remember if I ever told you, but when I was in college I spent a summer on False Island, off the coast of Sitka, setting chokers on a logging crew. Talk about humidity! I never equated that with Alaska.

Read this, dammit!

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=46500530&postcount=125

Chokers. Heh. That's what I call my girlfriend that likes to be choked during sex. :D

I remember you telling me of some girlfriend, her rich Daddy sent you off to work there or something. Thinking you were earning points with Daddy, the gf, in your absence, grew fond of someone else. That was Daddy's plan the whole time. Was this right?
 
Read this, dammit!

http://forum.literotica.com/showpost.php?p=46500530&postcount=125

Chokers. Heh. That's what I call my girlfriend that likes to be choked during sex. :D

I remember you telling me of some girlfriend, her rich Daddy sent you off to work there or something. Thinking you were earning points with Daddy, the gf, in your absence, grew fond of someone else. That was Daddy's plan the whole time. Was this right?


Damn. Sowwy. Didn't see your post. Sowwy. Where in the northern part of the bay, if I might ask. Marina? Hotel zone? Nuevo?

Your memory of my Alaska experience is pretty good. Mostly what I remember are 12 hour days, not including 2 hours a day in the crummy, with the whistle punk delighting in making me scramble like a rabbit on crack.
 
Damn. Sowwy. Didn't see your post. Sowwy. Where in the northern part of the bay, if I might ask. Marina? Hotel zone? Nuevo?

Your memory of my Alaska experience is pretty good. Mostly what I remember are 12 hour days, not including 2 hours a day in the crummy, with the whistle punk delighting in making me scramble like a rabbit on crack.

Right on the corner of the Bay and the marina in Nuevo. Where are you?

So you had good Alaskan memories. :D
 
I offer you all the support and help I can give you, I am a member of the A teams. Have been where you are right now and it's not a fun place. Unfortunately the side effects of not drinking will be about a week or 2 of feeling like you are going to die, hydrate and try eating something it will help.

I went to AA 2 months before I didn't leave heading out to find a drink or 2 or having a couple before I got to the meeting. An old timer with more than 40 years of sobriety told me when I first got there, sit your butt in a chair, shut up and listen, so I did, figured he probably knew a little more about being sober than me. I quickly learned that until I was ready to stop drinking and figure out why I was drinking, I would always go back to drinking.

I will not lead you down the path of thinking this is easy, it is fucking hard and takes a lot of work. If you ever need to talk, PM me, I am not always here but I do check messages. I am no where close to being an old timer, I do have over 24 years of sobriety, so if I can help let me know.


24 years? I have less than 24 hours. Thank you for your experience and insight, although the "side effects" taking a week or two is discouraging. It's a bitch just getting through the first day.
 
I'm at the very south end of Old Town, which they have re-branded as the 'Romantic Zone". Amapas.

Oh oh oh! I just saw there is a new boardwalk. Out in the Bay, looks like a sail or something, all schmancy like. Are you living there for good? You've always been so discreet and elusive.
 
Last edited:
Oh oh oh! I just saw there is a new boardwalk. Out int the Bay, looks like a sail or something, all schmancy like. Are you living there for good? You've always been so discreet and elusive.

Yes, they finally rebuilt the pier. And the boardwalk north to south is great. And if you ever went to Rizzo's they went banko and the building is now an upscale gourmet place. Matter of fact, almost everywhere is upscale now. Great old restaurants like Cafe Olla and Archie's Wok are still great, but no longer cheap.

I'll be here until October. May move to Vietnam then.
 
Yes, they finally rebuilt the pier. And the boardwalk north to south is great. And if you ever went to Rizzo's they went banko and the building is now an upscale gourmet place. Matter of fact, almost everywhere is upscale now. Great old restaurants like Cafe Olla and Archie's Wok are still great, but no longer cheap.

I'll be here until October. May move to Vietnam then.

Such the world traveller. You're going because I said I was coming in November, huh? I always travel with über picky eaters, I never get to eat anywhere adventurous. I did discover a yummy Argentinian steak house that I love though. I'd love to go to that Foodie week the city hots.

Ever been to Le Kliffs? Spectacular view.
 
Such the world traveller. You're going because I said I was coming in November, huh? I always travel with über picky eaters, I never get to eat anywhere adventurous. I did discover a yummy Argentinian steak house that I love though. I'd love to go to that Foodie week the city hots.

Ever been to Le Kliffs? Spectacular view.

Yes, been to Le Kliff but that is waaaay south of me and I'm taking pride in walking wherever I go.

And yes, I planned this out so I would be gone by the time you get here. ;)
 
Yes, been to Le Kliff but that is waaaay south of me and I'm taking pride in walking wherever I go.

And yes, I planned this out so I would be gone by the time you get here. ;)

Walking is great, but damn those cobblestones! You must be independently wealthy, Munk.

...I think I'll just go to Vietam next....

What's in Vietnam? Surfing? :D
 
Nha Trang. Fantastic beach, great people, walking distance to daily farmer's markets. And elephants who surf for shrimp and lobster every morning. You got that in Alaska? ;)

I pretty much can't walk to anywhere, except the woods. I can't wear a swimsuit to the beach, survival rate is 2 mins in the water, so surfing without a thick wetsuit is a no go.

I do have salmon. And crab!

Vietnam is your best bet.
 
Just wanted to add my well wishes. Just telling people is a step in the right direction. I agree with others that when the sun comes up things can look a little better and some of the options might sound less scary and daunting. I'm sure all options will require hard work though...so don't give up!! ((Hugs))
 
Just wanted to add my well wishes. Just telling people is a step in the right direction. I agree with others that when the sun comes up things can look a little better and some of the options might sound less scary and daunting. I'm sure all options will require hard work though...so don't give up!! ((Hugs))

Thank you, Coach. All I can do is try, and so far this community has been helpful and supportive. The good news is that its another 12 hours here before I can buy booze, so I have no choice but to make it another 12 hours. I should be jumping out of my skin by then, but at least I won't be drinking.
 
Knucklehead, I was talking about a swimsuit in PV.

I wear swimsuits in PV, or not.

Seriously, me and the Choker went and asked about nudie beaches and everyone just snickered behind their hand. I could never get a straight answer.
 
Last edited:
Food still sounds despicable, but I guess I have to sleep sometime, so will be logging off soon.

Thanks to all of you for hanging in there with me today. Handshakes, hugs, and kisses all around.

Tomorrow I'll be better, and not so needy.
 
My dinner is done, and I'm off to mow the lawn. Just get through tonight, Munky. I'll be checking on you because I care.
 
Back
Top