The Cozy Corner

Prepare for everything and hope for the best I suppose ... I'm assuming humidity and mountains 😂
Dude is a psychopath and enjoys torturing the runners..I think he thought last year was too easy
I suppose that is the only way to approach it. What is the typical completion percentage for the rate? I would think the dropout (did not finish) rate would be significant.
 
I suppose that is the only way to approach it. What is the typical completion percentage for the rate? I would think the dropout (did not finish) rate would be significant.
It's a self selecting group is the thing .....I'd have to look at last year but I'm guessing it's a finish rate of 60%
You only need to average around 30 miles per day to stay ahead of the cutoff .... And for this race they wait-list everyone then kind of look over everyone before moving you into the race.

I mean only a certain kind of person even signs up for a race that's 400 ish miles with a route you don't know ahead of time put on by a notorious race designer/director (famous within ultra running circles: Lazarus Lake)
 
It's a self selecting group is the thing .....I'd have to look at last year but I'm guessing it's a finish rate of 60%
You only need to average around 30 miles per day to stay ahead of the cutoff .... And for this race they wait-list everyone then kind of look over everyone before moving you into the race.

I mean only a certain kind of person even signs up for a race that's 400 ish miles with a route you don't know ahead of time put on by a notorious race designer/director (famous within ultra running circles: Lazarus Lake)
That is something I neglected to consider that the entrant field would already be narrowed down.

Still 60% is pretty good for a race of that length and unknown course / terrain.
 
It's going. She's a well-meaning lady, but just a lot of negative energy. I have a riding lesson this morning, so that's a few hours to myself. 😊
The negative energy would be hard to deal with on a consistent basis. My grandmother was like that. Everything was a doomsday scenario.

Good for you for getting out and getting some time for yourself.
 
Back
Top