Gather, a spring challenge

yes only the last place ties that would take the group over 10. I posted that earlier in this thread

Wow. Poor Birdsnest. I loved that damned poem.

Definitely an excellent set of poems remaining. To pick one...

You're a mean man, Harry. A mean, mean man.

I'm pining after Bb, Ff, and Gg....all three so lovely.

I will have a hell of a time making my choice. Aaaaarrgghhhhhhhhh!

I voted for Bloom (Cc). It was the one that stuck/struck me the most.

And since none of mine made it I had no crisis of conscience, lol.

Oh for anyone still trying to place poets to poems, mine were O, X and Kk

Wow. Poor Birdsnest. I loved that damned poem.

Definitely an excellent set of poems remaining. To pick one...

You're a mean man, Harry. A mean, mean man.

:eek: you can host the next challenge n try it on the far side of the curtain, there's some great poems left behind in this contest, and if you haven't found the final poll it's going up now, nice job Angeline :rose:

:eek: you can host the next challenge n try it on the far side of the curtain, there's some great poems left behind in this contest, and if you haven't found the final poll it's going up now, nice job Angeline :rose:

You are welcome! (And you can thank the love of your life for saving me from making a stupid mistake.) :cool:

Say, can I vote? I don't know who wrote what.

Also should the winner be responsible for hosting the next challenge? Hahaha--what a prize that would be! (Ok, I was joking--don't anyone throw tomatoes at me!)

You are welcome! (And you can thank the love of your life for saving me from making a stupid mistake.) :cool:

Also should the winner be responsible for hosting the next challenge? Hahaha--what a prize that would be! (Ok, I was joking--don't anyone throw tomatoes at me!)

LOL, well since I'm not a finalist, I say the winner hosting is a fine idea :D

yes by all means vote. :D sticky it on all the boards if you want :rolleyes:
she did? hmmm, Angeline getting good at her own cryptic messages.
LOL, well since I'm not a finalist, I say the winner hosting is a fine idea :D

I say we vote for next contest host. I vote for trix :D

it's going to be very hard, but i will make a choice (on poem, not host!) -might take a few days. :cool:

I can't do it.....today, but damn all are worthy of being in the finals and all are worthy winners. thanks to all the writers who participated it has been a great concept and the way you all responded to the challenge has dragged me here for far longer than I should have been many times over the past few weeks.

Thanks Legerdemer Bb was my second piece.

Last edited:
I can't do it.....today, but damn all are worthy of being in the finals and all are worthy winners. thanks to all the writers who participated it has been a great concept and the way you all responded to the challenge has dragged me here for far longer than I should have been many times over the past few weeks.

Thanks Legerdemer Bb was my second piece.

had your spore all over it :cool:

I was disappointed to see Birdsnest and Vera, Primed didn't make the final cut.

Two very worthy contenders were PP and DD.

In the end, I was torn between K and AA.

Odd Objects for Ballerinas got my vote.

Last edited:
it's going to be very hard, but i will make a choice (on poem, not host!) -might take a few days. :cool:

Agree. I can spend at least half-hour on a good one in "New Poems," sometimes more. Doing the math here isn't hard. Finding the time will be, but worth the effort.

My poor old Acrostic (Y) with the internal rhymes I worked so hard at fell at the last hurdle , so now I can ask did anyone notice them? I've been itching to ask :)

My poor old Acrostic (Y) with the internal rhymes I worked so hard at fell at the last hurdle , so now I can ask did anyone notice them? I've been itching to ask :)

Yes, yours was, in my opinion, clearly the strongest of the acrostics, which I don't always care for. I think acrostics are like singing while standing on your head; it's cool, but it still has to sound good or it's no big trick. Yours did. One of the most technically sound pieces in the contest. Nicely done.

I liked a lot of the ones that stayed (and a whole bunch of ones that left--X and Kk were two of my absolute favorites) and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. You've made it hard for me to choose.

And in the interests of full disclosure, mine was Ff--that last line started haunting me as soon as I read the prompt--but the line limit made me feel like I hadn't earned the strength of it (if that makes sense, and it probably doesn't because I'm not asleep and it's nearly 4am). I think I need to revisit the poem someday soon because it feels like it's not quite there yet.

Thank you to everyone who liked it.

I had it in my final 10.

Even without picking up on the rhymes at first, it was still one of the more meatier submissions.

Last edited:
I did, and I loved them. That was one of my favorites.

Yes, yours was, in my opinion, clearly the strongest of the acrostics, which I don't always care for. I think acrostics are like singing while standing on your head; it's cool, but it still has to sound good or it's no big trick. Yours did. One of the most technically sound pieces in the contest. Nicely done.

I had it in my final 10.

Even without picking up on the rhymes at first, it was still one of the more meatier submissions.

Wow thank you, now I can rest happy, even though it didn't make it, that at least some of you found my internal rhymes :)

Wow thank you, now I can rest happy, even though it didn't make it, that at least some of you found my internal rhymes :)
hi annie :)

yep, noticed and enjoyed the internal rhyming. something a little different from your pen, more fluid within each line though some of the line breaks caught me. i actually thought one of the guys had written it since the poem had a more masculine 'voice' - shows adaptability :cool:

right, i've cast my vote.

i had the top three yesterday, and managed to drop one - with regret -but choosing between the final 2 was really really hard, especially as they were such different pieces. in the end, my vote went to the poem i thought the most solid, nothing superfluous to it, its tightness in styling mirrored by its content.

when the winner's announced, i'll put down some more comments on all the finalist pieces. some very good writing!

Back