Gather, a spring challenge

those lines were inspired imo - but i seem to have a bit of a thing about breathing :D
i enjoyed the rest of it, too, even if the remaining lines felt less strong. it had my vote. i like a short poem that uses language well enough to make it a bigger poem on the inside, or - as i call it - a tardis poem. :cool:

clue: most of us have a whim and then follow it :D

Again, thank you. :)

I think the rest of you may have more whims of the writing variety than I do. Mine can be a bit few and far between, but I should probably be better about following them more.

I finally was able to get back on the site and was so excited to get to the second round ... but have discovered that even with several eliminated submissions the second round seems to be more difficult to choose from ...

CURSES!!!!

:cool:

WOW! just saw this thread has had over 17,000 views!

A lot of these have to do with going directly to the end of the thread, backtracking through all the pages we aren't up to speed with and then reading until we return to the end. Each page clicked counts as a view. The more participants in a thread, the more exponentially greater the views.

Trimming 21 down to 10 was actually quite painless.

Oddly, one of these I did not vote for during the first elimination, but felt upon revisit that it was more worthy than several I had voted for.

Oddly, one of these I did not vote for during the first elimination, but felt upon revisit that it was more worthy than several I had voted for.

I had a similar thing happen with Ff. I'm not sure if I voted it or not in the original round. Regardless, if I did, I failed to notice it properly and it sauntered in near the back of my pack of opinions. But it received a vote for the top ten from me.

I fucking love that last line, among others.

23 :)

it's good that it stuck in your head enough to earn your vote. i like when a poem haunt me that way :cool:

although it didn't get my vote first round, it did give me a smile with the 'laze abed' part. i can relate :D

it had your prints all over and was definitely cheeky :D

i'm thinking maybe that was pel's?

I spelled 'color' the American way trying to pull a fast one lol

I had a similar thing happen with Ff. I'm not sure if I voted it or not in the original round. Regardless, if I did, I failed to notice it properly and it sauntered in near the back of my pack of opinions. But it received a vote for the top ten from me.

I fucking love that last line, among others.

I remember making the case for Ff to you, particularly the last line. An arrow to the heart, that one.

Okay, coming down to the deadline for the semi final; most of our poets have voted as well as a few others :kiss: lurking but not saying much, if any. Poems continuing to the final round will have FINALIST displayed above.

now, how many selections are you allowed in that survey thing, Angeline?

Okay, coming down to the deadline for the semi final; most of our poets have voted as well as a few others :kiss: lurking but not saying much, if any. Poems continuing to the final round will have FINALIST displayed above.

now, how many selections are you allowed in that survey thing, Angeline?

Up to 10 choices in a single poll. :)

The quality of the entries have been exceptionally high in my opinion and it has been an absolute pleasure to read all the entries, I have enjoyed them all.
hello, H.A :D how nice of you to say so!

you're more than welcome to cast your vote, too :rose:

Okay guys n gals, todays the last chance to cast your vote and since there are

Up to 10 choices in a single poll. :)
I'm going to ask Angeline to set up the last voting in that survey thing n maybe show me how to do it too.
The quality of the entries have been exceptionally high in my opinion and it has been an absolute pleasure to read all the entries, I have enjoyed them all.
thank you for voting Honey, and perhaps more (lurkers/interested) will participate in the final.

Okay guys n gals, todays the last chance to cast your vote and since there are

I'm going to ask Angeline to set up the last voting in that survey thing n maybe show me how to do it too.

thank you for voting Honey, and perhaps more (lurkers/interested) will participate in the final.

I can do that after we touch bases tomorrow to make sure our counts match. Basically though you just start a thread and at the bottom is an option for a poll. The weird part is that you can't add the poll (even though you selected it) until the thread posts. People think you said there's a poll and that you forgot because it's this two-step process. I'm making it sound more difficult than it is lol.

You have to decide and let me know whether the poll should be public (i.e., everyone can see who voted for what) or not.

I can do that after we touch bases tomorrow to make sure our counts match. Basically though you just start a thread and at the bottom is an option for a poll. The weird part is that you can't add the poll (even though you selected it) until the thread posts. People think you said there's a poll and that you forgot because it's this two-step process. I'm making it sound more difficult than it is lol.

You have to decide and let me know whether the poll should be public (i.e., everyone can see who voted for what) or not.

I sent my usual Sunday pre-count, make no difference public or private to me, perhaps we should ask. :rolleyes:

poets, roll call, public or private? oh, this would be a great place for a poll but we cant afford a week :eek:

Hmm, I think you'll get more voters if you keep it private.
Those that want to say can always comment here.

I'd keep it private because some people won't vote if everyone can see what they choose. The downside of private voting is that it's easier to hide multiple votes from one person (with alts). But my feeling is that overall people will agree on favorites either way.

Also some people, with a public vote, won't vote for their own poem. I don't know why. I'd vote for my own in a heartbeat if I thought it was the best one...but I am shameless. :D

Back