Halloween 2015 Challenge Rules & Discussion

My guess for author of #9 is butters. Two (probably not very good) reasons: It's all in lowercase, and butters tends to write entirely in lowercase, and the spelling of fetid is a British variant (or, the American spelling is, more likely, the variant).

You may be right. In any event, it's a kick-ass poem.

#34: confident use of rhyme and meter. Lines repeated in a contrapuntal fashion, suggesting musical training. I'm guessing Minervous.

My guess for author of #9 is butters. Two (probably not very good) reasons: It's all in lowercase, and butters tends to write entirely in lowercase, and the spelling of fetid is a British variant (or, the American spelling is, more likely, the variant).

Has anyone guessed you for 13? and it just occurred to me how twisted the title is because, after all, disco is dead :rolleyes:

I know 33 it was one of my favourites from an oldie thread, glad to see it posted again. I'd forgotten that little gem :)
though it has been edited and is far better for it. thank you for posting, you know who you are ;)

Last edited:
#34: confident use of rhyme and meter. Lines repeated in a contrapuntal fashion, suggesting musical training. I'm guessing Minervous.
It's a pantoum. It could be Angie or GP, but I think I recall that Champie was fond of the pantoum, so I'll guess her.

I know 33 it was one of my favourites from an oldie thread, glad to see it posted again. I'd forgotten that little gem :)
though it has been edited and is far better for it. thank you for posting, you know who you are ;)

:confused:

Perhaps you are refering to #34 .... or 32 .....?

Last edited:
my guesses

#4 guiltypleasures?
#6 magnetron
#7 Angeline
#9 butters or Harry
#12 GM
#13 Ashesh
#14HarryHill
#16 remec
#17 magnetron
#23 magnetron
#24 butters
#27 magnetron
#30 magnetron
#33 magntron
#34 guilty pleasures.
#36 Always Hungry

Any xchance of a poets listing yet?
Another one sounded to me like Gm but im unsure.

Last edited:
I'll try to get a list of authors up by Friday morning, which is the entry deadline.

Everyone is then required to read through all of the entries in the dark by candlelight on Halloween.

And if a scary clown hasn't sucked you into your shower drains, you'll live to see names attached to each entry on Monday.

Last edited:
Just like that huh, lol

Whats an apostrophe? Lol
uh huh :)

don't always spot yours, but the soundwork throughout looked damn well like your signature to me. either that or we have us a great forgery :cool:

The network bridge was out and I had to spend the entire night in an abandoned haunted castle without any IP4 Connectivity.

Now I have to hurry and post all the last minute entries.

EDIT:

7 more poems to read now.

Last edited:
Here is a list of the participants:

AlwaysHungry
Angeline
Ashesh9
butters
champagne1982
Elmer Glew
GuiltyPleasure aka Tristesse2
Harry Hill