The Annual Halloween Contest Is Coming!

sirhugs said:
for what its worth, I liked the story. but then, I started out writing ' Loving Wives'. And must admit, I wonder about the political correctness of a guy getting hot off Lesbian fictuon, so it has lost some of its shine. Still, yours was just divine.

Thanks for the compliment :)

A lot of guys read lesbian fiction. The typical respondant says they like the story, but it would have been hotter with a guy, even if he was just watching. Requests for such stories abound. If guys like my works great. If they don't thats fine too.

I tend to believe the 4 to 5 people who routinely blast my work have an agenda that transcends the genre or even the work itself. The feedbacks come in as regular as clockwork, filled with four letter words, muddled logic at best and usually attacks on me the author. I can not help but see them as ultra right wing conservatives who would find my work repellant even if I possesed the talent of a master. To them the subject matter is the gist of it and they do significant mental gymnastics to find a reason to blast some of them.

That said, some of the nicest feedbacks I have been sent come from guys. I think in erotica, like most everything else it comes down to personal taste. Since this is my first contest entry, I found the comment about wishing he could give a negative vote amusing :) Since I singned up for the fight for the bottom I just thought I would show Gauchie, Og and Rumple they will have competion this year for worst of the least ;)

-Colly

Lovepotion69 said:
Just curious, is there a cap how many stories you're allowed to submit to contests? Haven't seen that anywhere. (Not that I'd ever get passed one story!)

There are already 3 stories by one author in the contest. I had two in the National Nude Day contest.

I have just submitted my third entry "Halloween Viking" but the second one "Maids-in-Waiting" hasn't been posted yet after editing for format errors that Word put in without asking.

Is it time for me to ask MG the question?

Og

Ayúdeme, por favor

I've finished my H'ween story. As it brings in the Mexican "Day of the Dead" and my character dresses like a "Catrina" I would love to illustrate my piece w/a photo of one. I've looked at the submit rules and guidelines and it seems if I want to include an illustration I must submit by e-mail (both story and pic as attachments).

Does that sound right to you (whoever has any experience with this)?

I seem to recall people complaining about submissions by email; does that ring a bell?

Gracias, Perdita

Edited to say: Laurel wondrously replied within minutes to a PM query. I'm all set. Yea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Colleen Thomas said:
Since I singned up for the fight for the bottom I just thought I would show Gauchie, Og and Rumple they will have competion this year for worst of the least ;)

-Colly

Colly, I can pretty much bet that yours will be ranked higher than mine :eek:.

While my first attempt at writing stories of the Lit kind is still under constructin (see my worshop thread in the story discussion forum if you want a peek), I submitted my second story for the Halloween contest. I can already tell you that it is way out of the norm of what I will write in the future.

Re: Ayúdeme, por favor

perdita said:
I seem to recall people complaining about submissions by email; does that ring a bell?

Gracias, Perdita

Don't need to bother asking it Og, I think The Answer can be tenuously linked to Perdita's inquiry.

Come in MG.

Gauche

MathGirl said:
Dear Rumple,
I read your story and liked it very much. Sorry to inform you that my vote probably blew your chances of finishing last in the H'ween competition.
MG
Boy-o-boy-r-dee, folks like you and Colly just won't give a guy a break, (a concussion maybe, a compound fracture, never). But I've got incompetence I ain't ever used (much) and I will perservere.

(Thanks for the kind words and votes-but let's just keep it between us AH folks, okay?)

Rumple

Last edited:
I have no idea (earthly or otherwise) how all the extra posts came into being. However, I'll admit it was my fault. As with most things, when it comes to computer SNAFU's, it's always my fault. :confused:

Rumple

Last edited:
Well, Rumply, I liked your story too, but I only gave you a 4; I only give 5s to about two or three Lit. authors.

best always, or worst if you really want,

Perdita :rose:

perdita said:
Well, Rumply, I liked your story too, but I only gave you a 4; I only give 5s to about two or three Lit. authors.

best always, or worst if you really want,

Perdita :rose:
You're good people, Perdita. A few more honest voters like you and last place will be all mine. :)

Rumple the Rejoicing

Colleen Thomas said:
Speaking of halloween:

My first feedback on my entry:

Intersesting pile of hypocrisy ya got goin' here. Is Tim cheating on her? Maybe, at best. Has she cheated on him. Yes. Not only that, but though her act was real and deliberate, the asshole actually feels justified. She's not. She is a liar and a cheater. This is a FACT.

Too bad there aren't negative ratings. Such self righteous shit as this deserves it.

Watchout gauchie, your place at the bottom of the heap is in jeapardy. People want to give me NEGATIVE ratings! ;)
Way to go, Colly!

That sounds like one helluva positive review. Of course, it's a little wordy, but after some careful editing, just look what you've got.

"Intersesting..., real and deliberate..., feels justified. This is a FACT. ...this deserves...your ratings!"

What can I say? A few more "fans" like that and you'll be a serious contender for last place. ;)

Rumple

MG please

oggbashan said:
I have just submitted my third entry "Halloween Viking" but the second one "Maids-in-Waiting" hasn't been posted yet after editing for format errors that Word put in without asking.

Og

That was then. This is now. They are still pending.

Og

Mine still isn't up, either.

Looks like there could be lots of Halloween stories to read in the not too distant future. ;)

Lou

Tatelou said:
Mine still isn't up, either.
Lou

I'm just really glad you didn't ask that most feared of feminine inquiries. Is it up yet?

On the other hand I have a record (for me) 9 pre-acceptance views.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:

Gauche

I've had 11 pre-acceptance views on my latest. Yay!! :p

(and 9 on one which is still pending)

My numbers are better than yours. :cool:

gauchecritic said:
I'm just really glad you didn't ask that most feared of feminine inquiries. Is it up yet?

Gauche

Mine's only had 3. And it still isn't up. :(

Have you managed to get yours up yet? :p

Lou

Tatelou said:
Mine's only had 3. And it still isn't up. :(

Have you managed to get yours up yet? :p

Lou

Lou mine took 5 days ....poor Laurel must be swamped:)

Back