"To keep the review thread clean..."

Lots of good poems on the New Poems page, but the two that jump out at me are:

Lyricalli's The Sun Knows it's Hot, which as a sort of prelude to a desire driven bad decision, has more than enough heat of its own.

And whowrotethisshit's The Ghost, a vulnerable dead of night haunting which somehow manages to balance lonely, longing, and plaintive, with a playful turn at the end.

Thank you! No comment on the quality of the decision-making though :D

I quite liked your other recommendation, so thanks for sharing that one, too. :)

There's a slew of New Poems and so I may have missed some of them, but these are the ones that didn't miss me.

Piscator's Ifquistion brought me in with the title's clever wordplay but he had me at Pascal's Wager. It's a darkly playful examination of human vulnerability and frailty around life's biggest questions which somehow reduces itself down to the calculus that goes into deciding on a tinder profile.

Senna Jawa's in the thin air is a short and sparse and beautiful piece that reminds me not to take front doors for granted, and that I hate the ignorance of a world where not everyone can.

Annaswirls' Donny's viral photos of wild horses is so smart and sharp that I forgot to breathe for a second or two. And that happened again each time I re-read it. I guess Donny is a better photographer than he is a sailor because he sure did miss the boat on Prom night.

Thanks LB for your comment - the play on the title was initially a typo but I'll gladly accept "clever."

I'll happily second your other selections and tod's selecton of your poem in the same page.

Thank you....

Erectus: thank U, Bro for complimenting my Goddessdom Bdsm piece : Goddess et Rex

A Thank You!!!

THANK YOU MS.29WORDS FOR COMMENTING ON " A Twisted Parable.....
05/02/2021" AND PAUL4PLAY FOR FAVE-ING SAME!!!!

Congrats to Lyrically and Ellora Butler for featuring in Erotic poetry category of Lit readers' choice awards!!! the Blennerhasset ladies club by PickFiction is leading by a huge margin in that category. Congrats to Sophiem98 for leading in Illustrated category[On her own} and Non-erotic [Alone] again by huge Margins. River Maya is leading in Audio category also by huge lead.

It's really nice to see all the poetry categories of the 2020 packed up to the garret ;)
especially with a lot of familiar names :cattail:
Good luck everyone!

Congrats to Lyrically and Ellora Butler for featuring in Erotic poetry category of Lit readers' choice awards!!! the Blennerhasset ladies club by PickFiction is leading by a huge margin in that category. Congrats to Sophiem98 for leading in Illustrated category[On her own} and Non-erotic [Alone] again by huge Margins. River Maya is leading in Audio category also by huge lead.

I did what? How did I miss this? :D:D

Just goto Awards and Contests section and look up under Sticky: Literotica Readers Choice award for 2020!!!

Also just saw that Annaswirls is a finalist in the best non-erotic poem category. If you want to check out the nominations and vote go to this sticky thread in the Contests and Awards forum. That thread contains links to every Reader's Choice poll, by category. And don't miss the special Most Influential Poet category!

Congratulations to all the nominees and best of luck to you!

Just goto Awards and Contests section and look up under Sticky: Literotica Readers Choice award for 2020!!!

Thanks for mentioning it! Sorry I didn't see it for so long. Never think about the awards stuff, and beyond surprised my name somehow came up for one. Best of luck to you on your nomination :)

Thanks for mentioning it! Sorry I didn't see it for so long. Never think about the awards stuff, and beyond surprised my name somehow came up for one. Best of luck to you on your nomination :)

And luck to you as well - 11 votes would vault you to the lead.

Oddly enough this is the month to pen your eleven line poems.

Thank U!!!

Also just saw that Annaswirls is a finalist in the best non-erotic poem category. If you want to check out the nominations and vote go to this sticky thread in the Contests and Awards forum. That thread contains links to every Reader's Choice poll, by category. And don't miss the special Most Influential Poet category!

After Angie/Pisc wished both of us luck some generous Poet from this thread musta' voted in both our favour 'coz we both [ Lyricalli'n me ] inched up by 1 vote!!!
I thank thee , whosoever thou art!!!

Last edited:
Om Shanti Annie!!!

i voted for UnderYourSpell in memory of Annie in Most Influential Poet but it's now a tight race between Sophie M'n RiverMaya

And luck to you as well - 11 votes would vault you to the lead.

Oddly enough this is the month to pen your eleven line poems.

Ooo.... only 11? Guess I better get cranking making some accounts :D

After Angie/Pisc wished both of us luck some generous Poet from this thread musta' voted in both our favour 'coz we both [ Lyricalli'n me ] inched up by 1 vote!!!
I thank thee , whosoever thou art!!!

;)

Ooo.... only 11? Guess I better get cranking making some accounts :D

;)

I soured on the awards years ago when I saw good writing lose to lesser writing because of alts and friends blowing up the voting. Still I think it's an honor to be nominated. But in truth the best award imho is a) creating the piece at all; and b) the feedback we get from our colleagues. Not that the gift cert is a bad thing!

I won in ancient times when the gift was a really nice black leather folder with Literotica stamped into the front of it. Very tasteful but I was still too chicken to use it at my real job. :D

Congrats!!!

I soured on the awards years ago when I saw good writing lose to lesser writing because of alts and friends blowing up the voting. Still I think it's an honor to be nominated. But in truth the best award imho is a) creating the piece at all; and b) the feedback we get from our colleagues. Not that the gift cert is a bad thing!

I won in ancient times when the gift was a really nice black leather folder with Literotica stamped into the front of it. Very tasteful but I was still too chicken to use it at my real job. :D

Hearty Congrats on winning the Folder!!!

Pretty cool that they used to do that.

It's always the issue with platforms like this that there will be alts, big groups of friends, etc, that determine the outcome of awards, polls, or anything similar. I'm definitely flattered that I somehow ended up on the list. It's nice to be noticed. Getting a few votes is also quite nice, since I have my own idea of which is the best of those on the nomination list. :D I very much appreciate anyone who took the time to read it and decide it was worthy of attention or a vote. :)

2 erectus: Thnx Bro 4 commentin' on my ' Femdom Haiku'---https://www.literotica.com/stories/storyfeedbackboard.php?id=2576792

COMMENT
erectus123erectus123about 3 hours ago
YES, my brother, the women can be demanding. Stay well!
-----tHANX4COMMENTS, BRO!!!

Back