Do guns make us more safe?

Honestly I can't recall all the details, it was back in 2013, but at the time he was shot, the bus was empty.
According to the news account he was on a trolley. The passengers had all left, as well as the driver by this point.

yes, because you made an ass of yourself by stereotyping. once again, i'm done here. you keep being your ignorant self. hopefully one day you'll be able to pull your head outta your ass/the sand & recognize that people are unique. Simply because they belong to one group does not mean they're the same as all others of that group. basic definition of stereotyping. :) my feelings don't get hurt by keyboard warriors with nothing better to do. but i do try to open others' eyes to their silly ways. apologies it won't work with you, evidently.

Nothing seems to hurt gun nuts more than the truth.

Thin-skinned, ignorant people are the last individuals who should have access to firearms. 😥

Honestly, if I wanted to do mass harm I wouldn't use either one. I'd use a couple of Molotov Cocktails. Cheap, easy to make, and definitely untraceable. But that's another story.

Molotov's are for amateurs. They require you to be on the scene when used and are limited in range and severity of destruction.

Which is why Jihadi's don't use them.

see, don't shoot a person when you don't have to. Oh and he is not the only Cop convicted, but he was one of the first.
WOW! Great post Captain Obvious! Don't shoot someone unless you have to. Who would have ever thought of that? You know MILLIONS of law abiding gun owners think that every damn day. But thanks for stating the obvious.

Molotov's are for amateurs. They require you to be on the scene when used and are limited in range and severity of destruction.

Which is why Jihadi's don't use them.
So do mass shooters program their guns and leave the scene and the guns do the shooting on their own?

Pop open the door to any business, light the Molotov cocktail, throw it in and walk away. A shooter has to stay on scene all the while they are shooting. I don't think you thought your response through before posting

WOW! Great post Captain Obvious! Don't shoot someone unless you have to.
That is the point, a person (this includes the police) is only allowed to use "reasonable force" when you exceed that, you become open to being charged. You said to ll74 that you could shoot, simply because the person is armed with a knife with 21'. Maybe you can in the US, but doing so in Canada will in 99% of the cases get you a stay in a government funded "hotel".
Who would have ever thought of that? You know MILLIONS of law abiding gun owners think that every damn day. But thanks for stating the obvious.
Your welcome!!

That is the point, a person (this includes the police) is only allowed to use "reasonable force" when you exceed that, you become open to being charged. You said to ll74 that you could shoot, simply because the person is armed with a knife with 21'. Maybe you can in the US, but doing so in Canada will in 99% of the cases get you a stay in a government funded "hotel".

Your welcome!!
Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? Here is EXACTLY what I said.

"The biggest thing with an assailant with a knife is distance. It has been proven time and time again that someone with a knife that is closer than 21 feet to an armed police officer with get to them with the knife before the officer can get their gun drawn.

So to answer your question if someone is coming at me with a knife, and seems determined to do me harm, yes, I would use my gun to protect myself. All the while attempting to maintain a safe distance between us."

No where did I say that if someone was holding a knife that you could shoot them if they were within 21 feet. What I said was if someone is coming at me with a knife, and seems determined to do me harm, then YES, I can shoot them. Read slower this time so maybe you can comprehend what I wrote.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it? Here is EXACTLY what I said.

"The biggest thing with an assailant with a knife is distance. It has been proven time and time again that someone with a knife that is closer than 21 feet to an armed police officer with get to them with the knife before the officer can get their gun drawn.
Yes I read what you wrote.
So to answer your question if someone is coming at me with a knife, and seems determined to do me harm, yes, I would use my gun to protect myself. All the while attempting to maintain a safe distance between us."
Did you read what I wrote?
No where did I say that if someone was holding a knife that you could shoot them if they were within 21 feet. What I said was if someone is coming at me with a knife, and seems determined to do me harm, then YES, I can shoot them.
Maybe you can in the US ( not every State has "Stand your Ground" Laws), but try that in Canada and see what the results are.
Read slower this time so maybe you can comprehend what I wrote.
Take your own advice first please.

Last edited:
Yes I read what you wrote.

Did you read what I wrote?

Maybe you can in the US ( not every State has "Stand your Ground" Laws), but try that in Canada and see what the results are.

Take your own advice first please.
So, In Canada if someone threatens the use of deadly force ( knife ) you don't have the right to self defense? Do you even know what "stand your ground" means? There's a difference between brandishing a knife and actively advancing in a threatening manner. 21 ft could result in a knife planted in your forehead in less than two seconds. OK, maybe not your head being a blockhead and all. When you got up this morning did you OD on stupid pills?

So, In Canada if someone threatens the use of deadly force ( knife ) you don't have the right to self defense?
Sure you have a right to self defence, but you can't just shoot them. If you can escape the situation, that is the correct action. Our courts don't take to kindly to vigilantism. You harm someone you best prove there was no other option.
Do you even know what "stand your ground" means?
Yes I do, at least what the American laws read as.
There's a difference between brandishing a knife and actively advancing in a threatening manner.
Talk about stating the obvious.
21 ft could result in a knife planted in your forehead in less than two seconds.
You ever been in a fight where someone's pulled a knife? I have, first thing I did was when he showed the blade was took off my coat and rolled it up on my left arm, then I kick the living fuck out of him. Broke his nose, arm and I am not sure if he can have children, get the idea?
OK, maybe not your head being a blockhead and all. When you got up this morning did you OD on stupid pills?
Why don't you take your stupidity and fuck off?

Sure you have a right to self defence, but you can't just shoot them. If you can escape the situation, that is the correct action. Our courts don't take to kindly to vigilantism. You harm someone you best prove there was no other option.
Ah!! if you can escape!! A fully grown man with intent to kill could be on you in seconds. One thing fastest than a nutbag with a knife is a bullet in chest. Stand your ground as apposed to escape is fine if its safe to do so.
Yes I do, at least what the American laws read as.
Well, if you do then why do you write stupid shit.
Talk about stating the obvious.

You ever been in a fight where someone's pulled a knife? I have, first thing I did was when he showed the blade was took off my coat and rolled it up on my left arm, then I kick the living fuck out of him. Broke his nose, arm and I am not sure if he can have children, get the idea?
Yes I have, to answer your question.
Why don't you take your stupidity and fuck off?
Just saying.

Ah!! if you can escape!! A fully grown man with intent to kill could be on you in seconds. One thing fastest than a nutbag with a knife is a bullet in chest. Stand your ground as apposed to escape is fine if its safe to do so.
Fear, you Americans "gun nuts" are fucking chicken shits. I've said this numerous times over several years to dozens of you "fear factor" posters.

Yes I have, to answer your question.
Well did you shoot them, kick the shit out of them, run away, talk you way out or get rescued? Those are about the only options.

Fear, you Americans "gun nuts" are fucking chicken shits. I've said this numerous times over several years to dozens of you "fear factor" posters.
You did OD on stupid pills! What does a women weighing in at 120 lbs do against a 200 lb crazed drug addict weilding a knife in a threatening manner. If she has the option of safe egress she should take it otherwise If she has a firearm better unload on him.

You did OD on stupid pills! What does a women weighing in at 120 lbs do against a 200 lb crazed drug addict weilding a knife in a threatening manner. If she has the option of safe egress she should take it otherwise If she has a firearm better unload on him.
Oh another "fear factor" post.......I don't know, perhaps we should ask the 120 lb Lady. She gona pull the 4 lb 44 Magnum out of her purse and say "make my day"!!! I know what my much younger version of me did, and that's all I can speak to.

Well did you shoot them, kick the shit out of them, run away, talk you way out or get rescued? Those are about the only options.
I had a brown belt in two martial art styles, Kempo and Judo. A leg sweep, he landed on his head and it ended. Pressed charges and moved on.

Back