Gather, a spring challenge

Can I now own up to two of mine that didn't make it?

I, for one, would like this. Perhaps the poets could talk about some of their eliminated pieces and what they were going for and whether it worked or not? And then discussion could ensue.

But I'm still kind of new around these parts so...I will wait for someone with some clout to answer. :p

Can I now own up to two of mine that didn't make it?

I, for one, would like this. Perhaps the poets could talk about some of their eliminated pieces and what they were going for and whether it worked or not? And then discussion could ensue.

But I'm still kind of new around these parts so...I will wait for someone with some clout to answer. :p

I wouldn't mind at all owning up to the one of my mine that didn't make it. But I'm teetering between being my usual anarchistic/chaotic self and being polite on a forum in which I have no more clout than AMB.

Well, I've been clouted on the head many a time, so I'll fess up to O being mine. It was the first piece I did and had it made it to the next round I'd been questioning y'all's taste, lol.

I lost Q which was the first one I wrote before the prize was offered and the original post was extra credit should be given for the cheekiest submission. I also lost Ll but I expected it to go as it is a not very good Triolet! Still got one hanging on in there by it's fingertips.

Well, I've been clouted on the head many a time, so I'll fess up to O being mine. It was the first piece I did and had it made it to the next round I'd been questioning y'all's taste, lol.

Well you can question mine then because I voted for it, I particularly liked the last two lines :)

V (Vera, Primed) is mine. It is the second of the poems I submitted, and I wrote it specifically as a counterpoint to the first one, which is rather "heavier," (though it still has a pinch of tongue-in-cheek). The title is a smiley poke at Primavera (Spring), of course. And then I couldn't resist adding the last four lines, which were confusing, given the line limits... :eek:

Last edited:
I've got nine that I'm pretty set with. And then I'm up shit's creek.... one more from six or seven. (Time for D&D die? No, that would be cheating.) I'll sleep on it.

*sips, reads* Morning Litopians. I see a few of you are dropping your metaphorical linen in public. 6 days left to trim 23 (3 last place tying poems were all advanced) to 10. in the event of another last place tie, poems will not advance.

I'm not sure there's anything I've hated doing on Lit more than cutting those 13 poems. The next one is going to be like fondue forks in my forearm.

For those keeping score at home and preparing to be very confused, both of mine made the first cut.

I'm not sure there's anything I've hated doing on Lit more than cutting those 13 poems. The next one is going to be like fondue forks in my forearm.

For those keeping score at home and preparing to be very confused, both of mine made the first cut.

Poets are encouraged to sub their poems after the contest is over, in fact I'd even go as far as saying ... ppleaaaseeee

Kk I believe is a Trixareforkids piece, it's certainly in her style.

As for the piece of mine no longer in the running

M
I told Harry not to bother because I felt that without the rest of the piece it lost the impact of seasonal change that the entire write had although it was initially 56 maybe 58 lines :( I dropped the whole thing in the dark voices thread to fiddle with later. As for the *'s and the 3, no idea where they came from.

I wouldn't mind at all owning up to the one of my mine that didn't make it. But I'm teetering between being my usual anarchistic/chaotic self and being polite on a forum in which I have no more clout than AMB.

we don't stand on ceremony here.everyone's as ''important'' as the next unless they're a waste-of-space troller.

what matters here is honesty and an understanding that we're all developing, have things to learn from others, and there're always other viewpoints. :rose:

got my selections made. wasn't quite as painful as i'd feared, some of my clear faves making the cut anyway, and i eliminated those i didn't vote through first time, which left question marks next to around 7 to fill the the last 2 spots. *phew*

good luck everyone!

although it didn't get my vote first round, it did give me a smile with the 'laze abed' part. i can relate :D

I lost Q which was the first one I wrote before the prize was offered and the original post was extra credit should be given for the cheekiest submission. I also lost Ll but I expected it to go as it is a not very good Triolet! Still got one hanging on in there by it's fingertips.
it had your prints all over and was definitely cheeky :D

LOL, it was my cheeky one as well. I was very surprised that Harry's Law(n) didn't make it, it was in my top 10!
i'm thinking maybe that was pel's?

I've mostly given up on the guessing, I had a tough time with the last one we did and I was somewhat familiar, or thought I was :rolleyes:, with most of the players. This time around, except for a couple which really stood out as belonging to specific poets, I'm really rather clueless. Though I did enjoy playing detective for a while and reading lots of good poetry.

I've mostly given up on the guessing, I had a tough time with the last one we did and I was somewhat familiar, or thought I was :rolleyes:, with most of the players. This time around, except for a couple which really stood out as belonging to specific poets, I'm really rather clueless. Though I did enjoy playing detective for a while and reading lots of good poetry.

it really has been hard guessing this time around! there was one i picked out from the off as a todski piece, and i was right, and i was pretty sure that uber-saucy one was annie's but the others it's all 'i think' and they're still unconfirmed. what is cool is that so many new names have entered, though i'd have loved to have seen more familiar names entering the fray as well.

it really has been hard guessing this time around! there was one i picked out from the off as a todski piece, and i was right, and i was pretty sure that uber-saucy one was annie's but the others it's all 'i think' and they're still unconfirmed. what is cool is that so many new names have entered, though i'd have loved to have seen more familiar names entering the fray as well.

Since you mentioned H a couple of times, I'll confess that it was mine. I appreciate your comments on the first couple of lines. It's the first poem I've written in probably twenty years. I've been lurking around here reading for a little while now. I'm not really a writer, just a reader who followed a whim and a thought. :)

Since you mentioned H a couple of times, I'll confess that it was mine. I appreciate your comments on the first couple of lines. It's the first poem I've written in probably twenty years. I've been lurking around here reading for a little while now. I'm not really a writer, just a reader who followed a whim and a thought. :)

those lines were inspired imo - but i seem to have a bit of a thing about breathing :D
i enjoyed the rest of it, too, even if the remaining lines felt less strong. it had my vote. i like a short poem that uses language well enough to make it a bigger poem on the inside, or - as i call it - a tardis poem. :cool:

clue: most of us have a whim and then follow it :D

Back