GUNFIGHT! (part 5)

Re: A Thought for Next Time

Reltne said:
Lauren, It might be fairer (at times), or at least more interesting, if the judges did not know which poem belonged to which poet. You might consider having the wordslingers PM the words to you and then you post them here without attributation.
Then everyone can not only judge for themselves, but try to figure out who fired off what. :)

I'll be here at 8.

Well personally, and my two cents, I dont think it matters. I am not overly familiar with either poet, and could care less who they are - they both seem nice :) the point is the criteria, does a poem meet it? There is subjectivity, but not on basis of who, but rather on the art produced :) Just because Fellini makes a movie, does not mean its great. Sometimes Smith makes a film that's just grand. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

tungtied2u said:
You may have shaved...but i have silver bullets.... :p

You look altogether too clean for a dirty fight, cowboy, and why the mask? We know who you are! Nice horse.

:D

Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Tristesse said:
I heard that!

Nice hat but you might have shaved, I did.

:eek:
What did you shave? Do judges have to shave? I'll do my pits.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Tristesse said:
You look altogether too clean for a dirty fight, cowboy, and why the mask? We know who you are! Nice horse.

:D

Thanks blondie...I have reason to be proud of my steed..:D

WickedEve said:
What did you shave? Do judges have to shave? I'll do my pits.

The chaps chafe.

Shaved pits - hairy pits - I'm all for variety.

Tristesse said:
The chaps chafe.

What kind of namby pamby cowgirl are you...chafing chaps...wah wah wah..

;)

Tristesse said:
The chaps chafe.

Fine. I'll at least braid them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

tungtied2u said:
What kind of namby pamby cowgirl are you...chafing chaps...wah wah wah..

;)

You try riding bare back and see if your chaps don't start a small fire in your pubes!

Use the pretty ribbon, Eve, just for me? :kiss:

Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

CharleyH said:
Well personally, and my two cents, I dont think it matters. I am not overly familiar with either poet, and could care less who they are - they both seem nice :) the point is the criteria, does a poem meet it? There is subjectivity, but not on basis of who, but rather on the art produced :) Just because Fellini makes a movie, does not mean its great. Sometimes Smith makes a film that's just grand. :D
CH, :rose: I certainly wasn't criticizing any of us three judges. I probably should have left out the "fairer (at times)" thought and just said "more interesting". I think it would be fun to try and guess who wrote what. We could even have a guessing poll, and see how well other readers know the poets by their work. :)

Tristesse said:
So, Madam Torturess, do we PM them to you?
Here is what is going to happen:

- In approximately forty-five minutes, I will post the time, form and/or theme requirements.

- After that, and at any time within the deadline of the challenge, the challengers will PM me their responses. I will post them immediately, as they arrive, stripped on any indication of origin.

This means that if you wish, you can PM me early versions of your poems, and I will post them here for all to see. The only version that will be considered by the judges, though, will be the last one I receive within the allocated time.

tungtied2u said:
Anybody seen Tonto...he's got my thesaurus...:(

OH Sure! Here he goes with the excuses AND blaming poor old Tonto - does he have NO integrity.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Tristesse said:
You try riding bare back and see if your chaps don't start a small fire in your pubes!

Uh..no thanks...why do you think I wear this nifty grey designer jumpsuit...:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Tristesse said:

I'll wear a ribbon for each of you under my arms. And the loser gets to keep his braid--after it's used as noose. :D Sorry, I'm starting to get excited about all the shooting and typing and death.

Reltne said:
CH, :rose: I certainly wasn't criticizing any of us three judges. I probably should have left out the "fairer (at times)" thought and just said "more interesting". I think it would be fun to try and guess who wrote what. We could even have a guessing poll, and see how well other readers know the poets by their work. :)
That's how I took it. It's a cool idea. :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

tungtied2u said:
Uh..no thanks...why do you think I wear this nifty grey designer jumpsuit...:D

Pussy! If fashion sense has anything to do with this I'm ahead of the game. Grunge is in jumpsuits out!

Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

CharleyH said:
Well personally, and my two cents, I dont think it matters. I am not overly familiar with either poet, and could care less who they are - they both seem nice :)
They're not. I hope they both get a sonnet-shot in the ass. :devil:

Reltne said:

I dont mean to sound . . . tough? confrontational? LOL - I am not - just logical. Might be a fun thing, although one must know poet to guess, right? And that leaves out a lot of people - like me who reads, but not consistantly enough to know the style of all :D Good concept though. :kiss:

WickedEve said:

It won't be the first time....why do you think Silver's always rearing up on his back legs...:rolleyes:

WickedEve said:

INTERFERENCE! This judge is trying to influence the Torturess.

CharleyH said:
I dont mean to sound . . . tough? confrontational?

You might come across more sincere if you deep six the gallows...:eek:

Tristesse said:
INTERFERENCE! This judge is trying to influence the Torturess.
I already decided on the rules of engagement. :devil:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Tristesse said:
Pussy! If fashion sense has anything to do with this I'm ahead of the game. Grunge is in jumpsuits out!

I'll swap you Silver for the black leather trenchcoat...it'll go with my gloves and mask...:cool:

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, let's keep this civilized shall we? Let's just shoot eachother and go home.

Back