GUNFIGHT! (part 5)

Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

WickedEve said:
They're not. I hope they both get a sonnet-shot in the ass. :devil:

LOL - that's rhythmic, but ouch - deep ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Lauren Hynde said:
I already decided on the rules of engagement. :devil:
Is it a sonnet? Is it a sonnet? Maybe a villanelle? A hybrid of both? Oh yeah...

Liar said:
Ok, ladies and gentlemen, let's keep this civilized shall we? Let's just shoot eachother and go home.
Rather anticlimactic but to the point. Way to go! ;)

Liar said:
Ok, ladies and gentlemen, let's keep this civilized shall we? Let's just shoot eachother and go home.

Can I cuddle you? I need a cuddle DD. :(

TT I'm not swapping my leatherette coat for some mangy nag, no way!

:p

Tristesse said:

If you want to cuddle a lawman...what am I...chopped liver?

Tristesse said:

You've hurt triggers feelings...he's becoming flatulent...

Tristesse said:
I'm always available for a cuddle. But I think we rather not. If my boss notices that I'm taking sides... well... let's just say that she has her ways to deal with employees disturbing the equlibrium.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

tungtied2u said:
You might come across more sincere if you deep six the gallows...:eek:

they are here for your . . . pleasure. It goes with sonnet, no? :D

tungtied2u said:
You've hurt triggers feelings...he's becoming flatulent...

Bringing out the secret weapon already? You must be desperate!

I know I am

Liar said:
I'm always available for a cuddle. But I think we rather not. If my boss notices that I'm taking sides... well... let's just say that she has her ways to deal with employees disturbing the equlibrium.

Rejection and horse flatulence all in one day! It's an omen!

Unnnh. . . Lauren?

If at 8 pm you say, "DRAW!"

do the poems have to be illustrated??

Gunfight!

The theme is the build-up of sexual tension between two rivals. Think of the chain of events that lead to some angry sex. The sex itself may or may not happen, may or may not be explicit. What is important is the focus on that electrifying tension between two people, on that clash between the conflicting emotions of rivalry and attraction.

AND

Your poem should include one line taken from an already posted poem by your rival. (i.e.: Tristesse's poem should include a line from a poem posted by tungtied2u, and vice-versa.)

Use your time well. To complete this challenge, you must PM me your response within one hour and thirty minutes, starting NOW.

PS: When you PM me your response, don't forget to indicate the line that was taken from your opponent (and the poem where it came from, although I will only reveal it after the judges made their decision.)

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Thought for Next Time

Lauren Hynde said:
Here is what is going to happen:

- In approximately forty-five minutes, I will post the time, form and/or theme requirements.

- After that, and at any time within the deadline of the challenge, the challengers will PM me their responses. I will post them immediately, as they arrive, stripped on any indication of origin.

This means that if you wish, you can PM me early versions of your poems, and I will post them here for all to see. The only version that will be considered by the judges, though, will be the last one I receive within the allocated time.
Bumping the rules of engagement. ;)

Alrighty. You heard the lady. Duellers ready? Off you go.

Back