Karaoke Story Event - Official Support Thread

Hot For Teacher, Van Halen

Angel is the Centerfold, J. Geils Band
I'm going to see if a friend might want to try their hand at Angel is the Centerfold..

Not sure yet what song I want to work with (At the Beginning, or Master of the House both appeal to me for different reasons 😏) but count me in for this event!!

Marvin Gaye has a few great songs. I’ve already used “Let’s Get It On” in a Swinger Celeb story (Passion 4 ending). “Sexual Healing” is another good one from him. Both work for multiple genres.

Sly Fox’s “Let’s Go All the Way” is another one I’ve used (Rekindled). But I’m not holding anything exclusive.

Richard Marx’s “Right Here Waiting” is another good Romance tune.

I'm going to see if a friend might want to try their hand at Angel is the Centerfold..

Not sure yet what song I want to work with (At the Beginning, or Master of the House both appeal to me for different reasons 😏) but count me in for this event!!
Looks like I will be playing with Master of the House for the next month!! *Cue Bellatrix Lestrange skipping through Department of Mysteries*
I will most likely publish At the Beginning outside the event, but you never know..

I love this idea!!! Maybe this will finally break me out of my writing rut lol. I was going back and forth between Scotty Doesn’t Know by Lustra and bad idea! By Girl in Red but i think I’m going with bad idea, so if someone wants to do scotty doesn’t know I’d love to see it haha.

I'm surprised no one's called dibs yet on "Breakfast in Bed" by Dusty Springfield (or by UB40 depending on your age and musical tastes). If it were any steamier, it'd melt your turntable! I'll do my best to do it justice in this event.

Four of my stories from the past year or so have been inspired by songs. I’m working on one now and I hope I can get it done in time.

Savage Garden- I Want You works for multiple genres.

Thinking about snagging Adele’s Rumor Has It for shipping two longtime coworkers in Romance or Humor. Of course with the way my flight of ideas goes this may not work out either.

Seeing Foreigner’s farewell tour last week also reminded me they have a lot of good tunes. Hot Blooded, Cold as Ice, I Want to Know What Love Is, I’ve Been Waiting For A Girl Like You… these can all work in multiple genres too. I’d love to see a Lesbian take on the last one.

Savage Garden- I Want You works for multiple genres.

Thinking about snagging Adele’s Rumor Has It for shipping two longtime coworkers in Romance or Humor. Of course with the way my flight of ideas goes this may not work out either.

Seeing Foreigner’s farewell tour last week also reminded me they have a lot of good tunes. Hot Blooded, Cold as Ice, I Want to Know What Love Is, I’ve Been Waiting For A Girl Like You… these can all work in multiple genres too. I’d love to see a Lesbian take on the last one.
You've made a heap of good suggestions fella - which one am I putting you down for?

One more recommendation for old time’s sake. Again, this is not a commitment.

One of my favorite songs of all time is “Hurt” by Trent Reznor, later Johnny Cash. The realistic emotion in that song and how it applies to my soul… let’s just say if someone can eroticize it and do it well, I would appreciate a link. Especially if it’s not in one of the categories that feature shame as a kink like BDSM or Loving Wives. Maybe even in there if it’s a really good story. I don’t think I can write it myself but I would want to read and review it. Very much.

My story will be ‘You’re Gonna Love Yourself in the Morning.’ Wrapped it up yesterday. It’s a nice tune about a woman who overcomes the effects of a bad relationship. Sung by various people including Kris Kristofferson with Rita Coolidge, Willie Nelson with Brenda Lee and by Sammy Davis Jr.

One more recommendation for old time’s sake. Again, this is not a commitment.

One of my favorite songs of all time is “Hurt” by Trent Reznor, later Johnny Cash. The realistic emotion in that song and how it applies to my soul… let’s just say if someone can eroticize it and do it well, I would appreciate a link. Especially if it’s not in one of the categories that feature shame as a kink like BDSM or Loving Wives. Maybe even in there if it’s a really good story. I don’t think I can write it myself but I would want to read and review it. Very much.
I could try, though I don't know how erotic it would end up being..

Ok. I have thought some more and I have three stories to which I may firmly commit pending the whims of capricious bipolar muses. But I may not get them in by the deadline due to my busy life. So don’t expect anything from me please and know that I may submit these independent of the event. That said…

“Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac. This will be a breakup story in Celebrities & Fanfiction involving Sophie Turner and my Original Character Doug Ramsay. I will get him back with his perpetual significant other slash true soulmate OC Dr. Lindsay “Lisa” B. Coleman at the end while Sophie goes to sort out her own family issues. This is a fanfic based on a tabloid rumor, please remember that. I’ll reference Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham, whom the song is about, but they’re a little old for me to be into sexually. Hope that’s ok with fans. Might shift story to Meghan Markle, further research shows I underestimated Sophie’s youth compared to MMC’s age. I’ll see what I can make work best.

“Dancing in the Dark” by Bruce Springsteen. T&M story to introduce Doug and Lisa in college, set the stage to show where they were before they got together.

“Rescue Me” by Aretha Franklin. Doug & Lisa’s first meeting in a Rape Rescue story. He rescues her with help from her motivated bravery and a passing attractive police officer. This will go in Romance.

I may work other categories into the saga over time- the two OCs are the central characters in an on/off poly relationship that spans the years 1997 to present day, but I’ll be dropping the song title gimmick because the Karaoke event will be over before it continues.

People are free to use the song titles themselves if they want, but I would like to retain ownership of my story ideas.

Last edited:
"Rescue Me" has expanded into a seven chapter story with some plot developments very important to my fictional universe. I am thinking of posting the full story before the event and the chapter with the sex action as a stand-alone for part of the event. That chapter will be in Romance, and entitled "Ain't Talking About Love" referencing a Van Halen tune I'm parodying. I'll see if the long or short versions do better here. Wondering if this would be okay. Other tales on hold pending inspiration. :)

Edit- Nah, too many spoilers will be at play if I do what I speculated about above. I know this after review. I'll just post the whole thing when it's ready, Event or no, and take my chances. I may write at least one other story as part of the Event too. We'll see.

Last edited:
Completely missed this, or else it went in one ear and out the other. I’ve probably got time to squeeze one in.

I’ll take a swing at sweet unknown by hope blister (originally by the Cranes). It’s a bit of a layup for a Loving Wives story, if I’m being honest.

My multi-chapter story partially inspired by this event is pending. Decided to publish it independent of the event due to muse demands. I still have three bits of Karaoke in there including the sex scene. Which includes a duet. Slow Burn Romance with Parody of a Parody Van Halen song. So glad I had it in me. :)

I'll see if I can push at least one official inspiration out for the actual event. I'm prolific when motivated, will look over my idea queue and time challenges, see what I got.

Not 100% sure I’ll be able to get this done on time, but what the hell.

Fluffy by Wolf Alice (might have to make it “18 so sweet”)

You look smart, but I don't care
I'm not looking for no love affair
I'd sell you my soul just to get me somewhere
What's there to know in this dead-out town?
Oh, I can't believe I live here now
So I'm searching for cheap thrills some way and somehow

Sixteen, so sweet!
Sixteen, so sweet!

Wait, waiting, I give in
Send me a ride and make it bright and early
What makes you smile just makes me feel funny
So who's gonna love me here and where's all the money?
What's there to do? I've got nothing in this dead-out town
Oh, I can't believe I live here now
So I'm searching for cheap thrills the way I know how

Sixteen, so sweet!
Sixteen, so sweet!

As I sit here waiting, palms itching
I hear the wheels breaking, the train coming

Last edited:
One of you I/T fans should do this (though I don’t think it’s what Ezra had in mind):

Em

Back