Karaoke Story Event - Official Support Thread

Hi Altissimus! If you allow, I would like to reserve the title "Here Comes the Bride": everyone knows the music, it is the classic march played on the piano while the bride-to-be walks down the aisle.:rose::rose::rose:
Not everyone knows the exact words for Karaoke... which can be found on the internet, in German, with many different English translations (some romantic, some outrageous). From the opera “Lohengrin” by the composer Richard W A G N E R, you know, first staged in 1850, and used for the weddings of many kings and aristocrats in the 19th century, and in many 20th century movies (and IRL).
My family is very fond of that composer in unsuspected times: my grandmother, born in 1913, was christened Valkyrie as her only name (so I am not afraid of Khaleesi and Renesmee ;)).
Since I am... just me, my tale will be labeled as a "Fetish":cool:. Sorry but... this is Literotica, and maybe a little tad of Fetish will add a different taste to a romantic anthology of sweet karaoke.
Uh! English is not my mother tongue, as it is for many readers. I hope you will be lenient with the mistakes... I focus on the plot.
Post-Scriptum. I also have a short tale about the song "Jingle Bells": full of laughter, joy and orgasms on a one-horse open sleigh 🐴❄️❄️❄️. Can I also send "Jingle Bells" too? I know it would be more of a winter holiday, but it is really about the easy song, and in many Karaoke is available to encourage even the shyest people to sing. ❤️.

Last edited:
Kindly sign me up, @Altissimus - I would like to participate. I am going to go with a song that is quite poetic, and difficult for my feeble mind to grasp, and then somehow misinterpret it and turn it into smut. I'll go with "Hollow Talk" by Choir of Young Believers, please.

EDIT: Here is the song.

It’s me tentatively saying maybe I’ll try to perhaps submit something, but no guarantees.

Em

I hadn't heard about this until now. I might give it a try.

I'm feeling more confident.

I'm in!

It's going well. Just have to work on a few scenes.

Some parts are coming slowly, but I have no doubt I'll get it done on time.

Deadline is coming up, but I think I can do it.

A few scenes are giving me trouble.

Bogged down.

I'm not going to make it.

Oh well. Next year, I guess.

Not 100% sure I’ll be able to get this done on time, but what the hell.

Fluffy by Wolf Alice (might have to make it “18 so sweet”)

I might be changing to another Wolf Alice song:

Your Love’s Whore

Don't you want take time and get to love me?
We could build a perfect world
I got tricks I really want to show you
I could be your perfect girl
And when we grow older
We'll still be friends
We'll still be lovers
And won't fear the end
The light won't flicker and the light won't fade, believe me
And the world looks better in the place we made believe
Hearts keep pumping and there's one thing that keeps me breathing
It's the mantra I sing and the face I always see
And when we grow older
We'll still be friends
We'll still be lovers
And won't fear the end
And when we grow older
We'll still be friends
We'll still be lovers
And won't fear the end
I let your love tease me
Now I am your love's whore
Keep me hardly breathing
But I could only love you more
I could only love you more

My recent story “Ruleskirter” was created in response to this thread. There’s filking in the story, which is a musical tradition where you sing a song with alternate lyrics. A man sings “Rescue Me” by Aretha Franklin for example, but he changes its lyrics because he’s singing it to a woman and Aretha was singing the original version to a man. Other writers may want to filk songs also, so I’m mentioning the tradition here. The alternate title for Ruleskirter was “Ain’t Talking About Love” in reference to the sex scene chapter, in which the MCs filk a Van Halen song. Filking tends to happen a lot with Karaoke when people fumble on lyrics or want to put a new spin on them.

https://literotica.com/s/ruleskirter

I may put out another story here called “Hollywood Nights” referencing Bob Seger’s work. It’s about a celebrity and her spouse who fit the song themes. But I don’t want to tie myself to the event as a deadline and I can’t guarantee I can get it past Lit’s moderation. So I’m not making promises that I can’t keep.

I wish every author luck.

Last edited:
@Altissimus can i please have "Until I found you" by stephen sanchez! Story is 99% done, just need to tie it up and edit!

Last edited:
"Devil Woman" is one last read through and clean up away from being submitted around the 25th (hopefully).

I might be changing to another Wolf Alice song:
You would be forgiven for second guessing any decision you make off that entire album. Just ridiculous how complete it is through and through (especially in today's streaming/singles market)

Except Swallowtail.

Serious, fuck Swallowtail.

Submitted “Hollywood Nights” as a new chapter in my “Passion of Erika Christensen” series. That series is now concluded by shipping the most recurring actress in my fanfic universe with her real life spouse. ;) Major part of my fanfic universe resolved. Thx for the inspiration, Karaoke Event. Maybe I’ll submit another story within your boundaries in the next few weeks. LOL.

I made a lot of progress on my karaoke story (don't stand so close to me) today. The teacher hasn't started to shake and cough yet, but he is getting nervous. The Nabokov assignment isn't far in the future. Nor the wet bus stop.

You would be forgiven for second guessing any decision you make off that entire album. Just ridiculous how complete it is through and through (especially in today's streaming/singles market)

Except Swallowtail.

Serious, fuck Swallowtail.
Swallowtail? What the fuck were they thinking? Ellie’s voice is arguably Wolf Alice.

Em

I made a lot of progress on my karaoke story (don't stand so close to me) today. The teacher hasn't started to shake and cough yet, but he is getting nervous. The Nabokov assignment isn't far in the future. Nor the wet bus stop.
I’m 1,000 words in. Not looking for it to be War & Peace. Maybe 3 - 4,000 words.

Em

Swallowtail? What the fuck were they thinking? Ellie’s voice is arguably Wolf Alice.

Em
Let's give the other members a pass for wanting inclusion, it's *real* problem is it's thematically disruptive to a rare album that has cohesion (by modern standards.)

Swallowtail as a tack on at the end (a la the hidden track) would've been doable. Not ideal, but not destructive.

Yes, Ellie is the driving force of WA but she can take a back seat occasionally for group dynamics, artistic exploration.

Swallowtail though, ugh. So disruptive. Lyrics cut against the (gendered) feeling of the album.

It feels like a guy having to get a word in, an overly familiar experience this world is not short on and I prefer to escape when I make specific music choices.

I don’t think it fits in either musically or thematically. Maybe the record company said they needed one more track.

I got into them when they were mostly putting out EPs. So I’m used to a more raw sound from them. Though I guess Blush is an exception.

Em

I don’t think it fits in either musically or thematically. Maybe the record company said they needed one more track.

I got into them when they were mostly putting out EPs. So I’m used to a more raw sound from them. Though I guess Blush is an exception.

Em
I never heard of Wolf Alice until you started mentioning them. So thank you! They're great.

I've only listened to Swallowtail and Your Loves Whore so far, so I don't know about all this thematic mismatch business. I just know I absolutely love both songs. Now to listen to more...

Em
Wonderwhy being a hidden track makes it all the more confounding (I know "hidden tracks" aren't what they were back in my day but there is a least some connotation there)

I had the same immediate thought as you "Ellie or why bother?" but tried to expand my understanding b/c it really is one of the most creatively interesting albums in a long time (admittedly because they use modern expressionism while using old-ish school sensibilities I identify with)

I just couldn't get there.

I HATE skipping tracks as it feels like I'm perpetuating the a la cart model/not rewarding modern musicians who risk by going for cohesion not singles or bust.

Can't help but feel it's a dude weighing in on matters with tropey, admittedly socially repressed/poor emotional vocabulary.

Would seem less stark/out of place if Ellie hadn't spent the previous 29 minutes holding a MasterClass in the exact opposite.

So fucking weird.

I never heard of Wolf Alice until you started mentioning them. So thank you! They're great.

I've only listened to Swallowtail and Your Loves Whore so far, so I don't know about all this thematic mismatch business. I just know I absolutely love both songs. Now to listen to more...
*IF* your sensibilities allow it, experience the album from start to finish. That's where it really shines.

YLW is solid but a touch "let's see what I can get away with" rather than peak Ellie.

When she emotionally unspools, it's breathtaking.

Bros., Wonderwhy, Silk. Some a test of her emotional depth, some employing emotional gear shifting (from (faux) indifference to wounded and desperately grappling for at least an emotional homeostasis, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.)

My favorite way of consuming is background where I hear it but am not otherwise mentally taxed (yardwork works)

Album blooms that way. Even when you've listened to it to death, a green chute will sprout on you and remind you of your experience with it all over again.

Wait now I like Moaning Lisa Smile better than either of the other two.

Yeah I'm working through it now. All awesome so far.

Can't help but feel it's a dude weighing in on matters with tropey, admittedly socially repressed/poor emotional vocabulary.

Would seem less stark/out of place if Ellie hadn't spent the previous 29 minutes holding a MasterClass in the exact opposite.

So fucking weird.
So I'm reading the lyrics as I listen. Can you go further into why you (and Em) feel this way? I don't see the social repression or poor emotional vocabulary... so I'm sure I'm missing something.

So I'm reading the lyrics as I listen. Can you go further into why you (and Em) feel this way? I don't see the social repression or poor emotional vocabulary... so I'm sure I'm missing something.
First order: I don't think Em was suggesting what I was. I think she's more on the order of "dance with the girl who brought you."

As to my assertions (and music is ripe for incorrect assumptions/projections so take me with a mountain sized grain of salt) it's a matter of both Em's point and the nature of the song itself.

It's not bad. Hell, it's probably better than a lot of what dominated streaming at the time. Where it really suffers is in comparison. Ellie's prior tracks have been an emotional explorations, ruminations, navigations, hopes and laments, mostly through a female lens (of course there's a universality) which tends to be more emotionally intelligent/use according vocabulary.

Swallowtail disrupts this with a common to maybe a tad tropey reflection by, what I perceive as a young male (so likely emotionally stunted hence the reliance on tropes) perspective. Clearly I bring my own biases (and maybe axes to grind?) so it may be minutely those things (which I am oversensitive to) or none of those things at all.

I don't think you missed anything, I think Swallowtail is mostly common language (which still has it above much of what passes for musical "narrative" these days)

Ellie's been holding emotional court, painting narratives left and right (sometimes with common language, sometimes with tone, sometimes with unique word choice, sometimes with raw emotion.)

Swallowtail, in comparison, seems very onenote and out of place.

Perhaps our love of the whole makes us a tad conspiracy theory and Swallowtail draws unfair ire.

First order: I don't think Em was suggesting what I was. I think she's more on the order of "dance with the girl who brought you."

As to my assertions (and music is ripe for incorrect assumptions/projections so take me with a mountain sized grain of salt) it's a matter of both Em's point and the nature of the song itself.

It's not bad. Hell, it's probably better than a lot of what dominated streaming at the time. Where it really suffers is in comparison. Ellie's prior tracks have been an emotional explorations, ruminations, navigations, hopes and laments, mostly through a female lens (of course there's a universality) which tends to be more emotionally intelligent/use according vocabulary.

Swallowtail disrupts this with a common to maybe a tad tropey reflection by, what I perceive as a young male (so likely emotionally stunted hence the reliance on tropes) perspective. Clearly I bring my own biases (and maybe axes to grind?) so it may be minutely those things (which I am oversensitive to) or none of those things at all.

I don't think you missed anything, I think Swallowtail is mostly common language (which still has it above much of what passes for musical "narrative" these days)

Ellie's been holding emotional court, painting narratives left and right (sometimes with common language, sometimes with tone, sometimes with unique word choice, sometimes with raw emotion.)

Swallowtail, in comparison, seems very onenote and out of place.

Perhaps our love of the whole makes us a tad conspiracy theory and Swallowtail draws unfair ire.
Gotcha. The rest do seem a lot more dynamic for sure.

Another thing I would suggest is avoid me, certainly, and maybe other outside opinions as you experience it. I'd *probably* skip the lyric following as well (though, I come from a time where easy lyric access wasn't the norm so charting our own course/experience of a song was the norm)

Just as your stories are out of you hands once you've published, so too is music.

I would hate for my comments to change your experience, for the good or bad, from what it would be.

As I said, I consider it a special, outlier of an album (in the modern landscape)

My personal suggestion is to experience it in whole, in a listening situation where it is at least a majority of your focus.

Let Ellie seep in your (sub?) subconscious. She can rip it when she wants to but she has a special ability to sneak in your cortex if conditions are right (and, I believe that is her greatest strength even among her many)

Another thing I would suggest is avoid me, certainly, and maybe other outside opinions as you experience it. I'd *probably* skip the lyric following as well (though, I come from a time where easy lyric access wasn't the norm so charting our own course/experience of a song was the norm)

Just as your stories are out of you hands once you've published, so too is music.

I would hate for my comments to change your experience, for the good or bad, from what it would be.

As I said, I consider it a special, outlier of an album (in the modern landscape)

My personal suggestion is to experience it in whole, in a listening situation where it is at least a majority of your focus.

Let Ellie seep in your (sub?) subconscious. She can rip it when she wants to but she has a special ability to sneak in your cortex if conditions are right (and, I believe that is her greatest strength even among her many)
Don't worry, you haven't tainted my perception too much !

Don't worry, you haven't tainted my perception too much !
So I just put ST on a couple times just to be sure in my (memory) assumptions.

What a damn mess. 🤣

As I remembered, very common language. In and of itself, not a problem. Ellie does it plenty, but she usually shapes it contextually and/or through tone. ST is just "there."

That makes repetition particularly insidious.

And that peel out/bad contrasty/aggressive out of nowhere buzzsaw ending? Just why?

I'm comfortable in calling it a below average song looking worse by its esteemed company.

Back