Do guns make us more safe?

26 weeks. 🤔

https://www.trainingreform.org/state-police-training-requirements

1694814575274.png

Connecticut (1321 hours) and Minnesota (1050 hours) are the only ones that can claim 26 weeks. The next highest is 960 hours (DC). So max 23 weeks. Most fall in the 600 area. More like 16 weeks.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-training-us-falls-short-compared-rest-world/story?id=96729748

A 2018 Justice Department study of state and local law enforcement training academies found that the average length of core basic police training in the U.S. is 833 hours, or less than 22 weeks. A more recent survey by PERF found a similar result, with responding agencies reporting an average of 20 weeks of basic police training.

Last edited:
🤣

Sorry, Harpy, but the CDC removed the study because the numbers on defensive gun use were sooooooo fucked up.

The study suggested that the range of defensive gun use could be anywhere between 60,000 to 2.5 million per year.

Another study provided a range of between 55,000 to 4.7 million.

When the range of numbers is soooooo fucked up, the study is inherently invalid.

Hope that ^ helps.

đź‘Ť

👉 Harpy 🤣

🇺🇸
Granted, the number range is fucked up. But it is a number. Not zero.

Take the middle number from both studies, average them. And run with that until better studies are done.

Granted, the number range is fucked up. But it is a number. Not zero.

Take the middle number from both studies, average them. And run with that until better studies are done.
•
Um, no.

The CDC was right to remove the study.

Full stop.

26 weeks. 🤔

https://www.trainingreform.org/state-police-training-requirements

View attachment 2271824

Connecticut (1321 hours) and Minnesota (1050 hours) are the only ones that can claim 26 weeks. The next highest is 960 hours (DC). So max 23 weeks. Most fall in the 600 area. More like 16 weeks.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-training-us-falls-short-compared-rest-world/story?id=96729748
That sure looks like a “most places are 26 weeks”.

Does AARP not know what the word most means?

Doesn’t take a math wizard for that calculation, but I can only hope someone handles the math for him.

That sure looks like a “most places are 26 weeks”.

Does AARP not know what the word most means?

Doesn’t take a math wizard for that calculation, but I can only hope someone handles the math for him.
He's still struggling with chemistry...

He's still struggling with chemistry...
He struggles with the law and that is supposed to be his profession.

But maybe he’s like Jim Jordan and just plays someone who knows the law, and doesn’t know anything.

He struggles with the law and that is supposed to be his profession.

But maybe he’s like Jim Jordan and just plays someone who knows the law, and doesn’t know anything.
I attribute his lack of knowledge to his frequent intake of Carbon Based Water.

Friends don’t let friends go to wal mart. Usually a jumbled mess and kids running all around anyway. People packing, that will “help”
The only downside to the fine young woman's open carrying is it screams "shoot me first". Otherwise please do exercise your basic human right to self preservation

wow one out of 4800 break in's a day....amazing. The article doesn't even mention if the burglar's were even armed....
Makes no difference fuzzy, they violated her and her home it doesn't take a gun to kill someone. Fuck me, what would you do? Use harsh language? Are you OK with the very real possibility she could have been raped, or severely injured?

Makes no difference fuzzy, they violated her and her home it doesn't take a gun to kill someone. Fuck me, what would you do? Use harsh language? Are you OK with the very real possibility she could have been raped, or severely injured?
You're new here. HisArpy and/or AJ will be along shortly to inform you that there is technically no such thing as "rape".

It happened two months ago, do you have anything more recent?

One was shot in the back, the other in the arm & leg, so likely running away. Multiple reports fail to mention if they were armed. If the burglars had been armed, it would have been mentioned. Her gun didn't stop them from entering the property, not every burglar wants to rape anyone disturbing them. That point of view is that of the terminally frightened.

Summary: The woman came home to find the men inside her property so she shot them.

BINGO!! We have a winner...up here she'd be up on charges for attempted manslaughter.
Something I always wondered; as manslaughter is killing without malice, can you attempt it? Attempt usually means to try to do something. If you're trying to kill someone that's malicious. In my book anyway.

Something I always wondered; as manslaughter is killing without malice, can you attempt it? Attempt usually means to try to do something. If you're trying to kill someone that's malicious. In my book anyway.
I’ve always assumed it meant intentionally doing something with malice that unintentionally led to a death. You just wanted to hurt or scare them, not kill them. But you did anyway.

They broke in to steal, not to wait for her to rape her.

Let the cops deal with it.
She doesn't know that they only gonna steal from her , she walks in on a home invasion, it's 4 to 1
Unless you've ever been it that situation, you've got no idea how quickly shit can go sideways
Let the cops deal with it? By the time the police arrive 99% of the time they are just historians, just mopping up the carnage.

It happened two months ago, do you have anything more recent?

One was shot in the back, the other in the arm & leg, so likely running away. Multiple reports fail to mention if they were armed. If the burglars had been armed, it would have been mentioned. Her gun didn't stop them from entering the property, not every burglar wants to rape anyone disturbing them. That point of view is that of the terminally frightened.

Summary: The woman came home to find the men inside her property so she shot them.
What makes any difference whether it was yesterday or a year ago? As for where they were struck, arm, leg or back, you have no clue as to whether they were running away or struck while diving for cover or trying to attack her.
Bottom line, she's alive unmolested, fuck the thugs....you folk must just hate a strong, courageous, confident woman
Also what wasn't stated was the prior "rap" sheets of the thugs.

Also on July 31st 2023.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnew...end-rock-us-cities-leaving/story?id=101870324

9 mass shootings over the weekend rock US cities, leaving 5 dead, 56 injured

https://www.wcbi.com/columbus-police-make-2-arrests-after-shooting-near-hospital/

Columbus police make 2 arrests after shooting near hospital

https://www.baltimorepolice.org/news/media-advisories-july-31

Southeast District Shooting Investigation

Western District Homicide Investigation

Southwest District Shooting Investigation

An incomplete list, less than 5 minutes with Google, but I'm digging in the dirt so I'm busy. Seems July 31st was unpleasant for a whole lot of folks because of gun violence...

Back