Twist a fairy tale with me. . . chain story idea

Hey! Only if I can too!

*ducks behind sofa and contemplates empty Word Doc called "Princess chain 1"
I feel so accomplished. My princess is actually dancing with her prince (well, just about to, anyway) and it's taken just 2000 words to get to this point...:cattail:

Oh. There wasn't supposed to be any sex stuff in there, was there?

I feel so accomplished. My princess is actually dancing with her prince (well, just about to, anyway) and it's taken just 2000 words to get to this point...:cattail:

Sex stuff is optional. :)

:p mine's dangling her hand in the water as her prince rows her across the lake. It's all jammed up at the moment cos I'm stuck for his name!

That's a lovely scene all on its own. . . though probably not enough huh? ;)
Nah, it's a bit light on wordwise ;)

I was thinking of letting him stay nameless, but even Angelina is gonna remember his name after this much time together! I think he might be Dante (even though that is the name of our bantam rooster)

... yeah, Dante's looking good.

I just got bounced for not stating to which chain my story belonged.

I resubmitted with the requisite information and am back in the hopper.

I don't recall being told to do that--I thought story the title was enough--but I was evidently wrong.

A word to the wise for all future submittals. ;)

Oh for pity's sake! I finally get him named and start pointing this boat towards a glittering castle and my daughter rings in a flat panic cos she's left her makeup bag at home and she's on stage in a dance concert matinee in an hour and a half.
sigh.
daughters! :rolleyes:
She's already biting into my writing time with this thing - I have to go watch it tonight ;)
*grumble grumble*

Oooh. Great excuse. *cuts and pastes into a very useful file*

:eek: I didn't say that out loud, did I?

Nah, it's a bit light on wordwise ;)

I was thinking of letting him stay nameless, but even Angelina is gonna remember his name after this much time together! I think he might be Dante (even though that is the name of our bantam rooster)

... yeah, Dante's looking good.
Oh, I like that name. :D

I just got bounced for not stating to which chain my story belonged.

I resubmitted with the requisite information and am back in the hopper.

I don't recall being told to do that--I thought story the title was enough--but I was evidently wrong.

A word to the wise for all future submittals. ;)

Because our titles are different than other chains we may need to make special "notes" to the folks to get them through the submission process. Let me know if you get rejected again and I'll try to work things out with Laurel.

Because our titles are different than other chains we may need to make special "notes" to the folks to get them through the submission process. Let me know if you get rejected again and I'll try to work things out with Laurel.

Thanks darlin'. :kiss:

I think it's ok now--but I'll keep you posted.

I'm 2/3rds of the way through Chapter 2 BTW.

Should have it to you by the weekend--if I can get some time to write.

Darn ol' RL anyway! :(

I'm back.
My couple is still in the middle of the lake, but they're smooching already and I'm only 300 words in...:eek: this could turn all kinds of dirty yet (particularly if the boat capsizes...)!

I know all about real life. The schedule is very flexible. I'll be recovering from surgery next week, so we'll see how my muse works for me.

I know all about real life. The schedule is very flexible. I'll be recovering from surgery next week, so we'll see how my muse works for me.

Whoa! Surgery? :eek:

What's wrong darlin'?

I hope it goes well--I'll be thinkin' about you. :kiss: :rose:

Keep me (us) posted on how you're doin'.

Whoa! Surgery? :eek:

What's wrong darlin'?

I hope it goes well--I'll be thinkin' about you. :kiss: :rose:

Keep me (us) posted on how you're doin'.
I'm having my gallbladder removed on the 18th. I get 2 weeks off from work, during the holiday season... not the best news for Management, especially as we had one more girl quit and I'm pretty sure we're going to have one of the managers quit too.

I'm having my gallbladder removed on the 18th. I get 2 weeks off from work, during the holiday season... not the best news for Management, especially as we had one more girl quit and I'm pretty sure we're going to have one of the managers quit too.
The 18th? Why that's Secret Santa Present Opening Day!

You can't miss that! ;)

Seriously, I hope everything goes well. :heart:

Your place of employment sounds a tad chaotic--and not terribly employee friendly.

Chapter 2!!!! :eek: Now you're just braggin'. :mad:

The 18th? Why that's Secret Santa Present Opening Day!

You can't miss that! ;)

Seriously, I hope everything goes well. :heart:

Your place of employment sounds a tad chaotic--and not terribly employee friendly.

You know... I love my job. :D I have so much fun with it. The problem is that it takes special people to work with the management. I'm not sure why... I like all the managers. I know each has their own flaws, but for some reason some just can't get along with others.

I was hired 4 mths. ago. Before me there were 4 other new hires. Two new assistant managers, and two new floor employees. After me three more folks were hired. Now... counting me that is 8 new hires. The two assistants are still there and so am I. The others have quit and like I said, I'm sure one of the two assistants will be quitting soon.

I don't want her to. I like her. I believe I'll get her position though. The store manager has already begun training me and talked to me about becoming an assistant. I still don't want this girl to quit, though I know how much she hates working with some of the other employees. *sighs*

Last edited:
Chapter 2!!!! :eek: Now you're just braggin'. :mad:

Me? Brag? Perish the thought!

Merely stating a fact. :eek:

My muse and I have become quite the couple. Always together. :D

The lil' sweetie knows I bought her something nice for Xmas--so she's being extra good. ;)

Back