Twist a fairy tale with me. . . chain story idea

Thanks Red. :rose:

Has the connecting chapter made it up yet?
You're quite welcome.

Not yet; I submitted it the same day I submitted "Falling into the Woods" which is dated for tomorrow morning's release. I figure the connecting one will either be out sometime tomorrow or the next day.

:rolleyes: :p Somehow... I knew you'd like that. ;) :p

Psst... My favorite troll hit my story and bombed it. Know any good troll jokes?

Here's one:

How many trolls does it take to change a light bulb?

Four--one to change it and three to criticize what it did after it changed it. :D

:rolleyes: :p Somehow... I knew you'd like that. ;) :p

Psst... My favorite troll hit my story and bombed it. Know any good troll jokes?
I voted and commented on your Cecilia story. However, for some reason, my user name was not being accepted. I signed in several times and the comment was somehow logged in as from "by your ghost". After trying again and again, I finally just gave up and my comment was posted anonymously. The one about the clutches of the evi witch was me. I was afraid to comment as me for fear my votes would be looked upon with suspicion and swept away.

Here's one:

How many trolls does it take to change a light bulb?

Four--one to change it and three to criticize what it did after it changed it. :D

Twelve! Four as above, and the other eight do critizes the critics of the critics. :D

Oh, and of that last eight about four are Alts! :cool:

I didn't think trolls were capable of anything.

So the correct answer would be: none. But a crowd will gather to bitch about how long it took someone else to do it and how badly they did it.

Well, this is somewhat annoying. I wanted to read all the stories to date to get some inspiration, and vote & comment. So, I just did a search for Enchanted Twelve under Chain Stories and only three of them came up so I searched Enchanted Twelve in All Categories and got six pages but no more of the stories. Grrr. Guess I'll have to connect through the thread here.

Glad I'm not the only one who's taking some time on this one. I just can't stand to bang out a quick story now that Survivor is over. I want to do more than that with my stories. Try to take it to the next level. Perhaps manage some consistent quality.

I'm off to read. :rose:

I have found the search function on this site worse than useless.

Well, this is somewhat annoying. I wanted to read all the stories to date to get some inspiration, and vote & comment. So, I just did a search for Enchanted Twelve under Chain Stories and only three of them came up so I searched Enchanted Twelve in All Categories and got six pages but no more of the stories. Grrr. Guess I'll have to connect through the thread here.

Glad I'm not the only one who's taking some time on this one. I just can't stand to bang out a quick story now that Survivor is over. I want to do more than that with my stories. Try to take it to the next level. Perhaps manage some consistent quality.

I'm off to read. :rose:

If you bookmark, just the first post of this thread, you'll have all the links to the story there. I agree the search engine needs some serious work. But how does one do a good search on a site like this? There are so many options for a person to insert into the search engine that will lead a person all over the place. Perhaps there are too many options for writers to put tags for their stories when submitting. Cutting back on that would make the tag words super selective and perhaps narrow the search?

If you bookmark, just the first post of this thread, you'll have all the links to the story there. I agree the search engine needs some serious work. But how does one do a good search on a site like this? There are so many options for a person to insert into the search engine that will lead a person all over the place. Perhaps there are too many options for writers to put tags for their stories when submitting. Cutting back on that would make the tag words super selective and perhaps narrow the search?

Well, I figured out what I did wrong. :rolleyes: I had searched for "Enchanted Twelve" but the search engine defaults to searching the text of the stories. I neglected to change it to search the titles of the stories. They came up this time.

What an interesting chain this has turned into! Some stories light and romantic while others are dark and villainous. I'm so glad I got involved. I've read and commented on all. Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

This saga has more twists than a snake with indigestion. :D

Well done, darlin'. :rose:

We have excellent story plots in this chain--I'm not exactly sure three each will wrap things up conclusively--but we shall see. ;)
Remember... we said there could be four, so we have a final chapter telling what happens in the end with each girl. That's if everyone can do it. If not then if they let me know how they saw the girls' lives ending (either in Westingfield or Oarthland) then I can do that in Danielle/Andrew's chapter.

I knew I shoulda crowed while it was still there!
Angelina was on 6th spot of the top list yesterday. 20 votes, score 4.90. No idea where it is today but it has 20 votes and a score of 4.80 :confused:.

Ah well, I knew it was too good to last. It had a moment in the sun and I got to :D over the best score I'd ever had.

Now if I can just get more than an hour's peace in a stretch, I might be able to write part 2 :mad:

I knew I shoulda crowed while it was still there!
Angelina was on 6th spot of the top list yesterday. 20 votes, score 4.90. No idea where it is today but it has 20 votes and a score of 4.80 :confused:.

Ah well, I knew it was too good to last. It had a moment in the sun and I got to :D over the best score I'd ever had.

Now if I can just get more than an hour's peace in a stretch, I might be able to write part 2 :mad:

It'll rise again... they probably did sweeps. I had #1 for my new novel/novelette submission and it dropped from 5.0 to 4.82, so I figure it's sweep time.

Back