Twist a fairy tale with me. . . chain story idea

Well, seeing as I have two princes (twins both need one), and I wasn't anticipating them being related, I'm more than willing to co-op with them...Might be funny if one of my twins married a twin but the other two didn't hook up lol!

Magica and MrsDL. . . If you could send me the names of your girls or post them here, I'd appreciate it. I've got a paragraph that right now has ***** and ***** in place of their names. I'd hate to forget those ****** when I submit. :eek:

Thanks all. I hope you have a great rest of the weekend. I work for the most part today, but hope to get back to the story tonight, add more.

I'm getting to the part where they'll be traveling into Oarthland. I'll be sure to send everyone a copy. PLEASE remember I need to see your story before you submit (if at all possible).

I'll have a schedule up as soon as I'm finished with my first chapter. PLEASE send me your opinions within a couple days of the PM with the story, so if I need to change anything prior to submission I can.

I'd like to get the first round of stories submitted during the first week of Dec. MrsDL I know you have Royal due, so I'll put you toward the end of the second week of submission. By me giving you the story this early, it gives the writers a few weeks to get their first chapters ready. If you feel you can write all three chapters in one swoop, then that is fine too, but hold the remaining two because you may have to blend them in with the connecting chapters I'll be writing.

Again, thanks everyone for your opinions and for sticking through all the rambling this anal redhead goes through on occasion. :eek:

~ Red :rose:

Aurelia for Magica's and Ariel for mine. Do you think that's similar enough for my prince to get confused for perhaps a nickname for Aurelia? lol

ETa: Nickname for Aurelia will be Auri so easily confused with Ari...hehe

Last edited:
Ariel and Muriel or Aurelia and Ophelia would be closer - the two you've given have different numbers of syllables, so the sound isn't that similar, even though they look alike.

This is a quick notice as to how you may want to consider blending in your chapters. I'm going to end chapter one (the intro chapter) with the group having traveled through one of the magical forests. I think I'll go with silver, they will reach a shoreline of a river, there will a series of boats, one for every girl and her "Prince" . Remember these girls have been running off with these guys for a few weeks now, they know them, how intimately is up to you. Your chapters can take off from the Princesses getting into their boats and disappearing in whatever way you wish. . . a mist? fog? row over to the other side? follow the current? Or simply hang out on shore. I hope to finish this tonight or the next couple of nights.

I have the first chapter done. I'm PMing it to all of you. PLEASE give me your opinions ... good or bad ... do I need to change anything? Do you need me to add anything? Let me know what you think. Thanks bunches. :)

I'll put together a schedule in a bit.

*growls... * Okay... for some reason it is not letting me PM this to any of you. :confused: Perhaps it is the size of the PM? I don't know. . .So I need email address please. If you're in doubt I have yours, then send it anyway. Thank you.

Elizabeth, I know I don't have yours, so please send it to me. Thanks.

~ Red *runs off to see whose email she does and doesn't have* :rolleyes:

I need Elizabeth, TE, starrkers, Remec and glynndah's. :eek: Thanks folks. :)

Last edited:
Please read this post and respond as well as to the one under it. Thanks. :) Do these dates work for you guys? I know they are one day after the other, but if you feel you don't need to tie in a chapter with another person's chapter the it should work, especially since you've got just shy of 3 1/2 weeks till the days come up.

Remec and death... I need to know what you folks are doing with your twins/triplets. Do you need individual chapters for them? I need to know how you want them placed in the schedule. Will you be submitting them all on the same day? Or do you want them on a different day than the one I have you down for.

Getting complicated now folks. ;)

Enchanted Twelve

Projected Dates:

Dec. 3rd - Enhanted Twelve: Beginning- Red
Dec. 4th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Magica
Dec. 5th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Remec
Dec. 6th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Elizabeth
Dec. 7th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - deathlynx
Dec. 8th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - TE999
Dec. 9th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - glynndah
Dec. 10th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - starrkers
Dec. 11th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - MrsDeathlynx

The schedule works for me.

*wonders how much notice she'll need when I panic and discover my muse is out Christmas shopping with my credit card and there's no plot bunny hiding under the bed with the dust bunnies...*

RedHairedandFriendly said:

I changed my options so you can email me from here on Lit, Red. I've always had my email listed, just didn't realize I it toggled for admin only.

For the record, it's aldarras@yahoo.com

:cool:

Remec and death... I need to know what you folks are doing with your twins/triplets. Do you need individual chapters for them? I need to know how you want them placed in the schedule. Will you be submitting them all on the same day? Or do you want them on a different day than the one I have you down for.

The triplets haven't revealed to me what the nature of their story is. I would like to think it'll be separate tales that would be submitted either all at once or over a series of days, but it may all be one story that floats among them.
*shrug*

The schedule should work for me as is, but I will be out of town over the weekend of Dec 1-2, so I may be right at the deadline.

:cool:

I'm about 1/2 way through the first draft of my chapter.

Karl and Merry meet a sprite and a nymph.

Mischief of the erotic kind ensues. ;)

This is a fun one. :D

e-mail addy sent via PM.

Last edited:
This is a quick notice as to how you may want to consider blending in your chapters. I'm going to end chapter one (the intro chapter) with the group having traveled through one of the magical forests. I think I'll go with silver, they will reach a shoreline of a river, there will a series of boats, one for every girl and her "Prince" . Remember these girls have been running off with these guys for a few weeks now, they know them, how intimately is up to you. Your chapters can take off from the Princesses getting into their boats and disappearing in whatever way you wish. . . a mist? fog? row over to the other side? follow the current? Or simply hang out on shore. I hope to finish this tonight or the next couple of nights.

Mists are interesting... they tend to have properties that would make transportation to other realms easier.

I have the first chapter done. I'm PMing it to all of you. PLEASE give me your opinions ... good or bad ... do I need to change anything? Do you need me to add anything? Let me know what you think. Thanks bunches. :)

I'll put together a schedule in a bit.

*growls... * Okay... for some reason it is not letting me PM this to any of you. :confused: Perhaps it is the size of the PM? I don't know. . .So I need email address please. If you're in doubt I have yours, then send it anyway. Thank you.

Elizabeth, I know I don't have yours, so please send it to me. Thanks.

Lizzy_of_Lit@hotmail.com

Please read this post and respond as well as to the one under it. Thanks. :) Do these dates work for you guys? I know they are one day after the other, but if you feel you don't need to tie in a chapter with another person's chapter the it should work, especially since you've got just shy of 3 1/2 weeks till the days come up.

Getting complicated now folks. ;)

Enchanted Twelve

Projected Dates:

Dec. 3rd - Enhanted Twelve: Beginning- Red
Dec. 4th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Magica
Dec. 5th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Remec
Dec. 6th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - Elizabeth
Dec. 7th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - deathlynx
Dec. 8th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - TE999
Dec. 9th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - glynndah
Dec. 10th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - starrkers
Dec. 11th - Enchanted Twelve: Princess’s Name Ch. 01 - MrsDeathlynx

It's good for me.

My email should be obtainable through my profile, but anyway I'm starrkers@people.net.au

glynndah said:

*wonders how much notice she'll need when I panic and discover my muse is out Christmas shopping with my credit card and there's no plot bunny hiding under the bed with the dust bunnies...*

what she said :D

Schedule works for me, though I'll caution that Magica and MrsDLs stories will appear above the first chapter on the master list due to the fact that Aurelia and Ariel come before Beginning ;)

deathlynx said:
Schedule works for me, though I'll caution that Magica and MrsDLs stories will appear above the first chapter on the master list due to the fact that Aurelia and Ariel come before Beginning ;)
I'll take out "Beginning" then, but I still am not sure how to write in the connecting Chapters. Unless.... I use Danielle's story to connect them. Still plotting that confusing angle in my head. lol

would "A Beginning" get around the name issue (mine would also come above Beggining - my princess is Angelina)?

starrkers said:
would "A Beginning" get around the name issue (mine would also come above Beggining - my princess is Angelina)?
"A Beginning" "A Middle" "An End" ???

Danielle's story will be interlaced with the connecting chapters I believe, so she won't have her own chapters. (I'm thinking.)

"A Beginning" "A Middle" "An End" ???

Danielle's story will be interlaced with the connecting chapters I believe, so she won't have her own chapters. (I'm thinking.)
So will you be writing Danielle's story in addition to the segment you sent out?

Hi Red,

Everything looks good so far. Just a couple points for clarification...

1. Do the princesses remember what happens at night? I was taking it that they only remember vague dreams and don't really recall during the day what happened at night. It sounds like perhaps Danielle remembers more than the others?

2. Can the princesses only dance with their own prince or could their be a couple dances where they dance with other people, as would normally happen at a ball?

3. Would it be fair to play it that their memories of each other only come back in varying degrees, so that one princess or prince might remember more of the previous nights falderol than another?

My prince is named Colin, to go with Aurelia. For anyone who needs to know, Aurelia is an artistic type with a very flirty and fun loving nature but not a slut really. Colin is a stand up guy who is very simply in love with her. She is swayed by his devotion.

Question for all, where exactly are they supposed to be dancing/partying? Given a medieval setting, it's not like there are clubs to go to, so what would have been around for them to wear out shoes?

Just in case you were wondering, Quinn is a bookworm who was a bit of a tomboy in her younger days.

A post of answered questions. . .and notes.

deathlynx said:
So will you be writing Danielle's story in addition to the segment you sent out?
I believe I'll keep Danielle's story inside the segments that connect the chapters. Told from Andrew's point of view (I think)... the jury and my muse are still out on this. lol.
MagicaPractica said:
Hi Red,

Everything looks good so far. Just a couple points for clarification...

1. Do the princesses remember what happens at night? I was taking it that they only remember vague dreams and don't really recall during the day what happened at night. It sounds like perhaps Danielle remembers more than the others?Danielle too remembers things as dreams. They don't know the "dreams" they are living are real. They wake up either naked, dressed in gowns, or their night dresses, their shoes worn, and/or their bodies used, depending on what the writer does to them, but they don't know why... they don't know how/who... except the man in their dreams. The extent of how much of their dreams they remember is up to you. I left it vague for the other sisters to give the writer control of them. I didn't want to touch on any one person's character too early in the chapter because of personality conflicts that I would have only been able to assume. With Danielle, I wrote more for her because I know her personality, or am at least at liberty to control it.

2. Can the princesses only dance with their own prince or could their be a couple dances where they dance with other people, as would normally happen at a ball? The Princesses can dance and do whatever you wish. If you need to be with another couple, you need to do a bit of leg work. . . make sure the couple you want to use are in the same area as your Princess. Remember they all don't have to be at a ball, once they get to their Prince then where you take them is up to you. Don't assume all twelve are going to the same location. PM the writer who controls that couple/Princess/witch/hero and discuss where her Princess is in relation to where you are and what you want to do.

3. Would it be fair to play it that their memories of each other only come back in varying degrees, so that one princess or prince might remember more of the previous nights falderol than another? I would say that is very possible. Angora is more interested in playing on the minds of the Princesses more so than then men. They to are being enchanted, but not to the extent of the Princesses. They can if you wish have as much or as little memory as you wish to give them.

My prince is named Colin, to go with Aurelia. For anyone who needs to know, Aurelia is an artistic type with a very flirty and fun loving nature but not a slut really. Colin is a stand up guy who is very simply in love with her. She is swayed by his devotion.

deathlynx said:
Question for all, where exactly are they supposed to be dancing/partying? Given a medieval setting, it's not like there are clubs to go to, so what would have been around for them to wear out shoes?
Dancing is just the original element of the fairy tale. You don't have to make them dance all night. Because you have the liberty of a fanciful world... and Angora's world is magical, where they dance doesn't have to be a normal ball type in a castle. If you want they can dance in the woods, or not dance at all. The "shoes" aren't like the kind you and I wear, the shoe isn't designed to be sturdy and reliable for constant wear and tear, but more a "show slipper" ... ohhh look at my pretty feet, kinda thing. Not hey... I could trek across country in these babies. :D

Elizabetht said:
Cecilia is blind

*grins* Thanks for that. I'm thinking that's something rather important to mention. I'll work that into the first chapter, as a side-bar but not as a major focus. Perhaps, if it is okay with you... as she walks with the sisters to the woods, it is as they do... more like a trance-like state and so she has no use for any assistance, such as a stick or maid to aid her with things.

---

I'll be adding the descriptions of your characters to the cheat sheet.

Thanks,

I put the story on hold until more of yall's details are worked out.

Back